VZW New Data Plan Rates [Picture In Post of VZW Internal Doc]

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
UPDATE: We now have more evidence of the new Data Plan rates VZW is planning on implementing.
DroidForums was able to get our hands on this screen shot.

610px-Verizon-Wireless-Logo_svg.png

jimmariner-albums-more-news-picture2221-vzdata-plans-df-watermark2.jpg

• 3G Feature Phones - $1.99 pay as you go or $15/month for 150MB with $0.10/MB overage or $29.99 for unlimited data per month.
  • 3G Smartphone Plans - $15 monthly access for 150 MB or $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
  • 3G Tablet Plans - $20 monthly access for 1 GB, $35 monthly access for 3 GB, $50 monthly access for 5 GB and $80 monthly access for10 GB.
  • 3G Netbooks/Notebooks Built-In Plans - $50 monthly access for 5 GB, $80 monthly access for 10 GB.
  • MiFi2200 and Five Spot Mobile - $50 monthly access for 5 GB, $80 monthly access for 10 GB.
  • USB modem pricing remains at $39.99 for 250MB or $59.99 for 5GB.
This information was taken from the picture you see here and my previous post on October 18th, 2010 - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/90030-verizon-debut-new-data-plans-october-28th.html

PeDe7

Reaction score
just glad to see there verizon's maintaining some form of unlimited data so great news for a power user like myself and lightweights so now they dont need to pay for so much data they almost never use

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is the MiFi or 5-spot mobile their tethering option?

$50 additional for 10gigs of tethering isn't a deal at all. I suppose they are targeting deep-pocketed businesses, but 5-10megs/s d/l isn't enough for me to ditch broadband by tethering. At $30 additional, I'd be indifferent.

I realize tethering won't "cost" me anything, but it's not something I'm about to start abusing as a home broadband replacement. But seriously, $50/month for broadband is $600 a year - how 'bout we split that difference Big Red?

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
glad I use cricket

I'm glad I'm using my Droid with Cricket. dancedroid

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm guessing that tiered pricing is a big part of the reason why AT&T signed 2.5 times the number of customers last month. The vast majority of people don't use a lot of data and saving $15 plus tax a month is a big deal to them. My wife is definitely one of them. I might also be able to downgrade to the $15 data plan, as I always use 3G, even when at a place with free wifi. If I would just start to use wifi then I would probably be under 150 MB a month. In any case, I could be as high as 300 MB before I get to $30 for the month. I have only gotten that high 1 of the 11 months that I have had my Droid and I was at a wifi hot spot for much of my usage and never took advantage of it.

little_witch_1979

Reaction score
when does this take effect and question

when does this take effect and did I read it right that we would no longer have to have the Data plans on our 3g feature phone just pay 1.99 if we happen to need it (I have my Droid but we also have 2 env3's that never are used for data)

Reaction score
This hours into effect on the 28th. And as far as I can gather, multimedia phones will no longer have to have data packages.

The Mifi/5Spot is not related to tethering, its a dedicated device that provides a wifi hotspot for up to 5 devices. (Mifi is US only, 5Spot is the new global version). In general, these are not meant to replace hard line internet but rather for people who are on the go and need reliable internet wherever they are.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
*Goes into effect. Need to figure out how to edit with this app lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mach330

Reaction score
28th of this month? this is actually kind'a good. both my wife and the other line on my account is using less than 150M/mo. i'm way over that. at least that'll save me $30/mo for two lines if I modify those two lines to the $15 plan.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Jeez, I don't know what I'm doing, but all I do so far is surf the web, I dont dl music, and Im like 1000+ mb so far this month.

Aerysana

Reaction score
Yeah I'm at 540 mg right now and 10 days into the cycle. Lol finally hooked up my WiFi so that number has been the same for 2 days now. Oops

Sent from my droid incredible

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I mean if I was any lower of a user, I wouldn't use the phone at all. I don't see how someone stays below 150mb, do you use the phone 10 min a day?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Glad to see there is still unlimited. I could never stay under 150mb. If there was a 5gig plan, I'd take it. but nothing lower.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I mean if I was any lower of a user, I wouldn't use the phone at all. I don't see how someone stays below 150mb, do you use the phone 10 min a day?

If anything, it could be used for e-mail only and stay under 150mb a month easy. If a company were to remove the browser or something. Shoot, if I was to have wifi at my office, I'd barely use any 3G data. Most of mine is done where wifi is available.