VZW New Data Plan Rates [Picture In Post of VZW Internal Doc]

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I pay $30 a month for my Blackberry data plan anyway so it won't be any different when I upgrade to a 3G phone soon.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
still annoyed they dont have something in the middle. i wish they had a few gigs for like 20 bucks or something.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
As long as they still have unlimited data, my phone's okay, I do burn a lot of it. My school uses a wifi security thing that doesn't work with Android, and their really stubborn about fixing it.

My one concern is.... TABLETS. As multimedia devices, they burn a LOT of bandwidth. I'm very concerned about not having an unlimited data plan, especially since I intend to stream like Hulu Plus and stuff when I get one early next year. (Assuming Hulu does in fact churn out a Hulu Plus app for Android)

Mars12343

Reaction score
How do you all keep your data usage so low? I use 5 gigs a month minimum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score
So essentially for us smartphone folks it's business as usual. YAY!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

Yeah! I hang around 4-5GB monthly myself!

But, I do tether a lot for work... It's my secret weapon. Luddites and technophobes make me look better and better at work every day.

Jizzylax

Reaction score
$15 monthly access for 150 MB

Unfortunately, I probably use 200MB/month, so if I'm reading this clearly, I might as well just stick with the unlimited plan.

Reaction score
I feel the 150mb plan is really just a sales tool. I hear people everyday say 30 is too much because they won't use the unlimited. Well now we can pitch them the 15, get them into the phone and once they realize how much they love the phone they come back and get the unlimited data.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel the 150mb plan is really just a sales tool. I hear people everyday say 30 is too much because they won't use the unlimited. Well now we can pitch them the 15, get them into the phone and once they realize how much they love the phone they come back and get the unlimited data.

I use less than 100mb of Verizon data each month due to Wifi. It's perfect for me
wified from a monolith using a slider

TheOldFart

Reaction score

My wife doesn't surf the web much & doesn't download music at all. She bought her Ally so that she didn't have to carry her old Palm PDA and her phone. She checks the weather and reads the news on NubiNews and gets her email. We sync our appointments and she keeps track of all her sister's and mother's stuff, as she has POA for both of them. Some people actually use their smartphones for productive stuff and not to surf the web all day. She uses about 75 MB a month.

I do much the same, except that I sometimes surf the web much more on my Droid and use maps. I have used as low as 39 MB in a month and as high as 524 MB in a month when I didn't have access to my RoadRunner for about 15 days. However, I could have cut that 524 in half, as I had wifi available a lot of that time. I could go to the $15 plan if I were careful and we could save nearly $400 a year, including taxes. Half if only she goes to the $15 plan. We have smartphones for email forwarding, the web when useful, mapping and the PDA functions.

I'm betting that there are a lot of people like us and that many will downgrade to the $15 plan if the know it is available, although many may not even know how to track their usage.

stmomma

Reaction score

Me too!! I am trying to figure out how/why I use so much. I do access the web some from work. They have wifi but security is tight. I suppose I could use wifi at home, but I don't see me getting much under 5GB a month.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score

Yea, get em to save $15 so they don't get the Unlimited. Then have them show up at a VZW store one or two months later going crazy about overages and an extremely expensive bill......haha! No thanks, I'll stick with the $30 unlimited for as long as I can.

Reaction score
Lol I didn't day it was a great idea putting a NEW smart phone user on the 150mb plan, but if it comes down to that or a walk I'm going to throw them they 150 and hope they like the phone.

At least on the android phones, the MyVerizon app has a built in widget to track data usage for your billing cycle, a feature anyone who buys the lower data package will be shown for sure.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sure, the $15 tier is part teaser plan but for a lot of people who only need email and some very light browsing it makes sense, especially if they have wifi at home. That's a lot of people who probably wouldn't otherwise spring for a smartphone and data plan.

The big joke is the pay-as-you go. What is it, $2 per meg? That's nothing. Better disable data and only use in an emergency if you go that route.