[Video] Swype - a revolution on typing

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
damn what a sweet app. my finger just flies all over the place some times i don't even know what letter i'm trying to go to or i can't see the letters under my finger and it still gets the word right!

amazing. Even though I cant see all the letters because I have fat fingers, it still pulls everything up perfectly. A well done app.

Haha me too! Sometimes I'd be thinking about what to type and completely mis-spell a word. Amazingly I find that swype gets it right most of the time! This has definitely made my virtual keyboard experience a dream.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I was expecting it to be hard to get used to, but it really is easy. Thanks for posting! :)

Question-What do you think it may end up costing? I saw an app, IIRC it was Remember the Milk, for making "to do" lists, and it was like $25/year.

Mayze

Reaction score
I typed in "Swype" in the market and came up with nothing. Has it already been removed?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
With Schumi's return to Formula 1...I think Swype will make one, cause surely Michael will have a Droid! :)

allikanbe

Reaction score
Well, I tried that for about 7 texts and deleted it. I couldn't get anything to type. There must be some secret. Done with that one, but you droids go on swyping.

by the way, why would it save or learn your passwords, credit card numbers and other info?

brochaos

Reaction score
Is the beta version of Swyle just for rooted Droids?

I typed in "Swype" in the market and came up with nothing. Has it already been removed?

it works on any droid. just have to enable non-market apps.

it is not available in the market. use the download link posted above. astro file browser works great for installing stuff like this.

pcandroid

Reaction score
I cant belive I missed this thread. This keyboard is way better then the android keyboard, very easy to use. Still getting use to it but I feel I cant type much faster with it and I havent had many issues with it getting words wrong. Very good app.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I was skeptical about this app, but it works amazingly well. I have been so frustrated with the stock virtual keyboard expecially in portrait mode. This thing is great no matter how lousy I "swipe".

Is this beta a trial that expires on a certain date?

Mayze

Reaction score
Well, I tried that for about 7 texts and deleted it. I couldn't get anything to type. There must be some secret. Done with that one, but you droids go on swyping.

by the way, why would it save or learn your passwords, credit card numbers and other info?

Did you do the tutorial? It's very easy to use once you get used to it. I'm using it now to type this.

Just now discovered I don't need to use the spacebar! Sweet app.

acturbo

Reaction score
this keyboard is simply amazing,i have been using it for about a half hour and don't know how I ever lived without it, simply awesome