[Video] Swype - a revolution on typing

sdrawkcabton88

Reaction score
I like it! I bet future releases could remember your style and "learn" your words better. Awesome app.

One thing I noticed though: the backspace doesn't keep going back if you hold it down, like the normal one does.

Reaction score
man, I'm using swype right now and it's so much faster for me than the regular keyboard. absolutely awesome. I'll totally donate when this thing becomes official.

Goodkat

Reaction score
man, I'm using swype right now and it's so much faster for me than the regular keyboard. absolutely awesome. I'll totally donate when this thing becomes official.

I've only used it for a couple minutes, and so far it's been AMAZINGLY accurate. I will buy this as soon as it's available!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm incredibly impressed with Swype's word accuracy. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that when I do have to select a word from the pop up list, Swype seemingly learns what word I selected and provides that as first choice the next time I type it.
This thing is still beta and it's great! Can't wait to see the official product. I will be purchasing.

acturbo

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like they arent hitting all the letters or even ending on the proper letter but are getting the word they want? The only thing I seem to be having trouble with are words with double letters, for example "been" I always seem to get "ben".

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
Umm can I get helped with getting this installed?? I downloaded the file to astro unchecked the box for unknown sources, I hit install from astro files it says its installed but it won't let me run it ;(

Last edited:

SGTiger

Reaction score
Just do a little loop on the letter that you need to "double".

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Umm can I get helped with getting this installed?? I downloaded the file to astro unchecked the box for unknown sources, I hit install from astro files it sayabits installed bur it won't let me run it ;(

First you need to unzip the file. The download is a zip file, containing the apk file (which is the installer)

Second... a tip for 'double letters'.... I've found (for example the word "been) that you just need to move your finger just a tad on the letter for the second one to show up! Like a quick wiggle or slight shift on your way to the next button!

SGTiger

Reaction score
Umm can I get helped with getting this installed?? I downloaded the file to astro unchecked the box for unknown sources, I hit install from astro files it sayabits installed bur it won't let me run it ;(

You don't run the app. You go to your phone settings, then Language and Keyboard and choose the Swype as your keyboard. You can also change the Swype settings there.

Last edited:

acturbo

Reaction score

Did you go into settings under "Language and Keyboard" and uncheck android keyboard and check Swype?