[Video] Flash on the Droid!

Silver Member
Reaction score
i wonder what kind of bandwidth sites like xmradio would take. once it's loaded, it's just audio, but at what expense?

spicaly

Reaction score
when my wife sees me playing yoville or farmville i can kiss my droid goodbye

miamidroid

Reaction score
why do we have to be carefull how much data we use if we have an unlimited plan.... doesnt make any sense other than them being deceitful :icon_evil:

on another note, I cant wait till flash is released.

Droid101

Reaction score
why do we have to be carefull how much data we use if we have an unlimited plan.... doesnt make any sense other than them being deceitful :icon_evil:

on another note, I cant wait till flash is released.

Standard Cap for every carrier is 5GB the likely hood you will use that on your phone Flash or no flash is very unlikely. If you get an Tethering Plan which is $30 extra (which the droid doesn't have yet but will soon) the limit goes up to 10GB.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Stickies say multiple vz reps / supervisors say 5gb cap does not exist for our unlimed data plan as long as its through the phone.
How much do you think us streaming audio freaks use???? 128kbp/s droidlive shoutcast stations or hiigh quality pandora. Prob several hundred megs per day if not gigsdepending on if you listen all day or not.......
Or am I missing something

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Stickies say multiple vz reps / supervisors say 5gb cap does not exist for our unlimed data plan as long as its through the phone.
How much do you think us streaming audio freaks use???? 128kbp/s droidlive shoutcast stations or hiigh quality pandora. Prob several hundred megs per day if not gigsdepending on if you listen all day or not.......

Oops forgot to mention then yeah add high def flash on topof that. Wasn't that the big thing with flash 10.1?? High def video acelerated content? Its gotta be pretty hefty data.... mmmm hulu

Droid101

Reaction score

No anyone on their phone wont use an large amount of data. There is a 5GB limit for a Broadband tethering but they don't mention a limit about the regular PDA/Smartphone plan.

Droid101

Reaction score
Soooooo to get back to the topic of this thread...

WHEN IS FLASH HITTING THE DROID?!?!?!!?!?!?!

No one knows an official or even rumored date hasn't even come out. All that has been promised is Q1 of this year. I am sure when an exact date is put out there it will pop up on here:)

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Soooooo to get back to the topic of this thread...

WHEN IS FLASH HITTING THE DROID?!?!?!!?!?!?!

No one knows an official or even rumored date hasn't even come out. All that has been promised is Q1 of this year. I am sure when an exact date is put out there it will pop up on here:)

Actually, I think the 'promise' was first half of 2010. So that could be as late as end of Q2 2010. Hopefully much sooner though.

I vote for yesterday. :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
has anyone been to the flash site on their DROID recently?

today I get this message:
Sorry, Adobe Flash Player is not available from Adobe.com for your device's operating system or browser.

that's different than the old, "...we'll be releasing it soon..." message.

i checked the market and didn't see anything (in case that message was some sort of indication). is everyone seeing this?

autoxinvr6

Reaction score
I'm Amp'd for flash, although 90% of my usage is on my WI-FI. I don't think I've even racked up 1mb for this month yet.