[Video] Flash on the Droid!

Technoman

Reaction score
has anyone been to the flash site on their DROID recently?

today I get this message:
Sorry, Adobe Flash Player is not available from Adobe.com for your device's operating system or browser.

that's different than the old, "...we'll be releasing it soon..." message.

i checked the market and didn't see anything (in case that message was some sort of indication). is everyone seeing this?

Same message I am getting, and yes this is a completely different message than what you would get before. I am also HOPING that this is an indication that Flash is coming SOON!!!!! Come on Adobe, get this out there so we can get all of the cool stuff that Flash will open the door for!!!

Silver Member
Reaction score
has anyone been to the flash site on their DROID recently?

today I get this message:
Sorry, Adobe Flash Player is not available from Adobe.com for your device's operating system or browser.

that's different than the old, "...we'll be releasing it soon..." message.

i checked the market and didn't see anything (in case that message was some sort of indication). is everyone seeing this?

Same message I am getting, and yes this is a completely different message than what you would get before. I am also HOPING that this is an indication that Flash is coming SOON!!!!! Come on Adobe, get this out there so we can get all of the cool stuff that Flash will open the door for!!!
I'm leaning more towards the fact that since the message changed, that they won't be able to meet their original prediction, so now its on hold ondefinitely.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Stickies say multiple vz reps / supervisors say 5gb cap does not exist for our unlimed data plan as long as its through the phone.
How much do you think us streaming audio freaks use???? 128kbp/s droidlive shoutcast stations or hiigh quality pandora. Prob several hundred megs per day if not gigsdepending on if you listen all day or not.......
Or am I missing something

Yeah, but their contract says that if you reach or exceed 5GB they will automatically assume that you're tethering. Do you think they're going to honor their contract or a sticky on an unafilliated forum? I can see people exceeding 5GB with lots of streaming video.

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it so I can listen to local radio stations, along with News/Talk Radio. With the introduction of Flash the Droid will be like a AM/FM radio for me, giving it yet another Swiss Army Knife style capability.

theecigarman

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it so I can listen to local radio stations, along with News/Talk Radio. With the introduction of Flash the Droid will be like a AM/FM radio for me, giving it yet another Swiss Army Knife style capability.
I use A Online Radio from the market place. I am able to get several Seattle area radio stations. Works great!

Droid101

Reaction score
I heard January 22nd. I hope that's true.

That is supposedly for 2.1 but I also heard the 22nd could just be another update but not 2.1. There hasn't really been much of a date floating around for Flash. All I know is I want a more specific date then Q1 of this year:icon_evil:

Sean

Reaction score
From what I heard the 2.1 update includes Flash 10.1

i want both of these updates so hopefully they both happen soon...

Droid101

Reaction score

Some people would say that flash would be separate from an OTA but I think it will come as an OTA for it to be easy access and integration. Whether or not it will be with 2.1 is a pure rumor. Hopefully they do surprise us and Flash will be with 2.1 on the 22nd.:)

ziggynagy

Reaction score

Droid101

Reaction score

Where are people hearing this info from? Their girlfriend's son's baseball coach's ex-roomate? Best detail I can find is still "first half of 2010" for Flash without mention of it being paired with the 2.1 update: http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12264&NewsAreaID=2

I don't think they will be released at the same time I think Flash will be an OTA download though that will be pushed right to your phone. But there is always hope:)