Verizon’s Galaxy Note 3 Receives First Update, Improves Sound Quality and Connectivit

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon’s Galaxy Note 3 Receives First Update, Improves Sound Quality and Connectivity
View attachment 67596
View attachment 90449

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon is receiving an update this week which addresses the two complaints we have heard on a consistent basis in our inboxes: connectivity issues and terrible sound quality. Seriously, that’s all that is listed. The fixes must have been that simple. Edit: The new build number is VRUBMJ7 and should take 5 minutes to install.
View attachment 67597

View attachment 90450
A couple of readers have already reached out, claiming that the update popped up on their devices, one through Verizon’s update tool and the other OTA. Go check!

galaxy note 3 update

mcsoul

Reaction score
It's there! I'll wait to hear some feedback before downloading.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My QUOTE from our sister site... Rooted users..

I've updated to latest OTA !!

I unfroze SDM 1.0 (needed for the update)

I have the SuperSU Pro (paid version is needed)

For those that are rooted ..I followed post #109 from this XDA thread...New update JSS15J.N900VVRUMBMJ7 - Page 11 - xda-developers

Thank you to pwhitesxs @ XDA

WORKED FOR ME!

Ok..so I'm on root de le Vega.

I have xposed and set the status to official.

Went into the supersu app and enabled survival OTA mode and unchecked 'enable superuser'. Also checked at the very bottom 'enable pro'. (I recommend buying his app just based on him saving me the trouble of re-rooting!)

Downloaded update. Installed itself.

Rebooted successfully.

Went back to supersu and renabled root.

Done!

Hit thanks if this is helpful.

etybe7at.jpg

7u9ysu5e.jpg

N3 tapa

EmanP223

Reaction score
Searching for the update on the phone, it was able to locate it. Not rooted but everything still works as it did before.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
BK, before I try this. Just want to make sure on the Xposed status to official, that is the "Fake system Status" on the Security Hacks section of of Wanam right?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
BK, before I try this. Just want to make sure on the Xposed status to official, that is the "Fake system Status" on the Security Hacks section of of Wanam right?

Yes, that is correct :)...

mcsoul

Reaction score
I wonder what they mean by improved connectivity? I'm not dropping calls or wifi.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
:( Didn't work for me, update took but it killed SU, back to non rooted for me. DroidModderX isn't really selling me on that One Click App, thinking it could be malware. Might wait a few days and see if they come up with a better method to get root back.

KaChow

Reaction score
:( Didn't work for me, update took but it killed SU, back to non rooted for me. DroidModderX isn't really selling me on that One Click App, thinking it could be malware. Might wait a few days and see if they come up with a better method to get root back.

I had the same problem last night, didn't have Wanam or Xposed installed but Kies3 broke the hidden Root during the second attempt, which I knew something was up as the install was extremely slow and during the final install the word "binaries" kept appearing on the screen. None the less I lost Root, and I don't think this was simple patch and go update. At the same time the options are rather bleak and limited to those of us that have lost Root, DeLaVega doesn't work, SuperSU only works for those have Root and Pro works if Root went through, and then there is Kingo. While I am completely against Kingo, I need to have Root and I'm rather impatient to wait for it, I did sleep on it. I view it like this Kingo has a number of judgments right now against them in the Development Community to release the private collected data that has been extracted during the Root process, I could see Kingo losing their hold on this information very quickly, considering the sensitivity awareness of this issue. Besides I think the next opportunity for Root is going to be on KitKat 4.4xx, which is going to be soon enough.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Let me know what you end up doing. I have downloaded the Kingo app on my work computer and have gone as far as plugging in my phone. However, it just spins on the "Connecting" icon even though I have USB Debugging turned on and the proper drivers installed.

Scared to think they are pulling data from my phone at this stage while I have not even gained root yet. :)

KaChow

Reaction score
There were 2 things with using Kingo, first you need to use a USB 2.0 cable as 3.0 will not work even if plugged in a 2.0 USB slot (seemed odd). Second, Kingo pops up a USB Debugging message on the screen of the device (just need to okay or grant permission), I believe during the entire process it must have happened 2-3 times. That should be all of it.

KaChow

Reaction score
I can't say I'm happy about the Kingo, but at the same time. With the highest percentage of the best developers of our device having Root, it is unlikely that anyone is going to try to find an alternative to Root in this current stage when Kingo is a last alternative. Once, Kitkat launches, we are going to see Brand New Bounties for New Root and Unlocked Bootloaders, which most likely we will get both of those unlocked rather quickly, as it is usually easier to "break in a new pair of shoes than it is to break in an old pair of worn out shoes." :biggrin:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What kind of information are they collecting? Or do we know?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What kind of information are they collecting? Or do we know?

I believe it's collecting serial.. Imei from phone..
Phone type and version along with root success..

So you lost root with SuperSu Pro method? I've seen a few had issues not all were successful

N3 tapa