The Official "I got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3" thread!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sound off in this thread if you just grabbed your shiny new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3! Tell us your initial thoughts and reactions!

mrmark27

Reaction score
Got mine earlier and holy crap is it a huge upgrade from my old Nexus. The screen is beautiful, batter life was great. battery was maybe 40% charge when I unboxed the phone and with me setting things up and using it nonstop to play around with it the battery lasted for a solid 3+ hours before finally dying. This was my first experience with the S-Pen and it was pretty nice to use, just messed around with the memo's a bit.

I got the black model and it felt nice in the hand. I had no problem using it 1 handed and watching youtube it was nice and light to hold up with 1 hand. So far i'm def liking this phone.

one question for those that have had the Note before. when you have the split screen, is there a way to change one of the boxes and make it full screen? I was messing around with the split screen and then trying to figure out how to make youtube full screen but couldn't figure it out, other than adjusting the divider.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats on the new phone...it's a winner for sure....On my N2 if you tap in the middle of both screens you can either slide one up/down to larger or you see icons to tap for full screen....

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I got mine this morning!!! I love it. Been on it all day. It has Great Battery Life. Constantly install my apps. Upset that Foxfi does not work with out getting Verizon Hotspot.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got mine this morning!!! I love it. Been on it all day. It has Great Battery Life. Constantly install my apps. Upset that Foxfi does not work with out getting Verizon Hotspot.

Look at their (Foxfi app) description on the Play store. Do the S4 work around.
Glad you're enjoying your new phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

RemyL75

Reaction score
Picked up my Note 3 earlier today. I should have bought the holster case when i waa originally at the store. Forgot it and by the time i went bk all the stores in the area were sold out. Other than that the phone's a beast. I love it.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Picked mine up tonight. Wow, what an upgrade over the Nexus. Looking forward to setting it up.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Got mine and loving it! Activated mine and my wife's and kept our unlimited data. Thank goodness for glitches

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

drksuh

Reaction score
Got mine today. Was initially disappointed about the Foxfi and SVTP mobile hotspot failure due to Verizon. But I saw a solution on another website which works! When the ERROR screen from Verizon says "Use of this service requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot....." simply hit the home button and do not cancel the error screen and your mobile hotspot will work!!! Thanks to my unlimited data and this solution, my family will be connected and entertained on our 5 hour car journey today.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Got mine yesterday! Spent most of the day playing with the phone and being blown away with how awesome it is!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats to All !! STG we are looking forward to your thoughts and video...Run them phones thru all the hoops y'all...We want to know all the good stuff ..

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Got mine today. Was initially disappointed about the Foxfi and SVTP mobile hotspot failure due to Verizon. But I saw a solution on another website which works! When the ERROR screen from Verizon says "Use of this service requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot....." simply hit the home button and do not cancel the error screen and your mobile hotspot will work!!! Thanks to my unlimited data and this solution, my family will be connected and entertained on our 5 hour car journey today.

Thank You It works!!!

hradek422

Reaction score
I'm getting mine in about 2 hours. I have one question though: Screen protector? Or no screen protector? I plan to use the S-Pen quite a bit, and if I get microscratches on my screen, I'm going to be angry, but I don't typically like responsiveness WITH screen protectors. How are they working with or without?