Verizon’s Galaxy Note 3 Receives First Update, Improves Sound Quality and Connectivit

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' started by Preach2k, Nov 6, 2013.

1. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    I guess the way I noticed that it worked or at least one thing that was different, in SuperSU I cleared all the apps that I previously granted permissions to. I remember with Kingo its main point of entry of was through ADB Shell, since Chainfire's zip I have not received any Shell re-entry request. I still want to take a look further, but it might difficult to see what else is missing. As the Chainfire zip works in both Safestrap and in Flash Gordon it's just a matter of comfort in which process you plan on using.

By the way: This is helpful to know, in the future when we get an Unlocked Bootloader, during OTA's where we lose Root, however Keep our Unlocked Bootloader. You can Restore Root by Flashing SuperSU.zip in Custom Recovery (which would likely be Clockworkmod or TWRP(/similar to Safestrap). Just worth mentioning, considering as not only can we use it in the future to Restore Root with an Unlocked Bootloader, but at the same time we can use it to Restore a "Healthy and Safier Root Method".

2. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,040
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    Thank you KaChow for posting...

3. mcsoul

mcsoul Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My battery life got worse the minute I updated.
    Anyone else have this problem?

4. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +674
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Yeah that makes sense KaChow. I went ahead and installed the latest version of SS that Hashcode posted in that link you had in your post.

5. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Thanks for the reminder, the link for Safestrap is available here in Hashcode's original Post. [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.63 (BETA) [2013-11-07] - (VZW) Galaxy Note 3 Development - RootzWiki

Just so you are ALL AWARE Hashcode added a video that DMX created for those that need extra instruction, ALSO the Dev Host link or Mirror 1, that Hashcode uses is the link for the Safestrap Recovery, Hashcode has BEEN UPDATING SAFESTRAP ON A NEAR DAILY BASIS, So get comfortable with uninstalling and installing the latest versions. ## Hashcode has also mentioned that it looks Safestrap will be the only Recovery available as the OTA has put a nail in any development on the kexec, so expect to see more releases without notices on Safestrap. :biggrin:

6. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Here is my suggestion, download this app System Tuner Free, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.pmw go into the Task Manager and take a look at what is running, this is good to analyze the problem in the short term. In the long term what makes this app a keeper, there is a setting called "start" what happens it is records all of your active processes, everything from system apps, to user apps, and it record them indefinitely I usually record them for at least 30-45 miniutes. Then I stop and use the "Analyzer" which looks at each power drain separately showing how it used energy, how long, if it not an important freeze and see what happens. This great tool to analyze your system, find what is causing problems, how to fix the problems, and everything in between. Oh-yeah, there is a PAID version which I have had for years, well worth it and THIS REQUIReS ROOT. Enjoy!

7. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,040
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    I'm seeing great battery even since updated. .also you can get GSAM battery monitor to give ya idea on what's draining. ..

N3 tapa

8. alexcool

alexcool Member

Ratings:
    +1
    does it support note3 n9005?

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk

9. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Not really sure what the question is?

10. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    I believe he is asking if gsam monitor works for his model.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

11. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    And the answer is yes, it most certainly does

12. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Let me see if I have this straight as it relates to ROOT after taking the OTA update ...

1. Root De La Vega does not work to gain ROOT after the update.
    2. Kingo will give you ROOT after the update, but Kingo is baaaad and you don't want to leave it installed.
    3. Kingo can be removed after using it to gain ROOT by downloading Chainfire's SU 1.65 APK and flashing it using Flash Gordon to flash w/ no Recovery required.

Is my understanding correct, so far?

If so ...

4. Will this process work to gain ROOT after the OTA, even if you did not have ROOT prior to the OTA?
    5. Will Kingo increment KNOX or will it leave KNOX untouched at 0x0?

Thanks!!!!!!

Search tags for this page

kingo app galaxy note 3

kingo root note 3

note 3 sound quality

sound quality note 3
verizon galaxy note 3 battery life after update

verizon galaxy note 3 update

verizon note 3 update

vrubmj7

what is verizon sdm version 1.0
will the vrubmj7 break my unlocked galaxy