The Official "I got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3" thread!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Actually the X2 was probably one of the worst phones I've ever owned. :/ I went through 3 refurbs to make sure it wasn't just that phone. Audio stuttering was the main problem I had. Not to mention being promised it would get ICS only to then be told X2 won't be getting ICS...just to name a few disappointments.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I used the D1 for 16 months and the X2 for over 28 months. Yes quite a while with the X2 and it had plenty of issues, especially the last 9 months. Yes it had audio skipping from the beginning and it got stuck with Gingerbread when it originally was supposed to get upgraded.

Why so long with X2? I was eligible for upgrade in January but nothing excited me at the time. Then the rumors came out about this mysterious X phone from Motorola that was going to be a great collaboration of Moto and Google. Held out for that and then was disappointed with the device. Motorola dropped the ball, despite it getting good reviews and being a solid device for some people.

With Samsung keeping the removable battery and the sd slot, and creating a beast of a device with the Note 3, they have won me over.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I agree with keeping the sd card and removable battery. Its why I left Motorola for Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I third it. It's the reason I haven't gotten any of the phones over these past several months. I was actually really liking the G2 until I learned the truth. If it's not that then the screen is too small and if it's not that then the battery is horrible.

Just can't win. Except maybe for this Note 3....

NashvilleKit

Reaction score
I've leapt ahead 3 years from my Samsung Droid Charge to my phenomenal Note 3. The one slightly annoying thing is I can't find all the notifications to shut them up (or at least most of them). I HAVE found the Blocking Mode so they don't bother me when I'm trying to sleep, but to find the source of all the notifications is tricky since many of them don't show up on the "pull-down" status display when they occur and most aren't in the main Settings app. Since I synced all my old Apps through Google, I have a LOT of Apps to go through. But -- bottom line -- it's all a fun learning process!

ThisGuy

Reaction score
My wife and I get all of our phones together. We started with the og droid-droid x- Samsung fascinate- droid-droid bionic - galaxy nexus- Note 3. Out of all of the smartphones we have owned over the years, this is the first device both of us are all around happy with! This phone also was the biggest jump in every way with regards to upgrades. I have yet to find one thing I liked more on the nexus... With the exception of an unlocked bootloader.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I've leapt ahead 3 years from my Samsung Droid Charge to my phenomenal Note 3. The one slightly annoying thing is I can't find all the notifications to shut them up (or at least most of them). I HAVE found the Blocking Mode so they don't bother me when I'm trying to sleep, but to find the source of all the notifications is tricky since many of them don't show up on the "pull-down" status display when they occur and most aren't in the main Settings app. Since I synced all my old Apps through Google, I have a LOT of Apps to go through. But -- bottom line -- it's all a fun learning process!

As far as notification ring tone, when you turn your ringer down, there is a settings button next to slider that has a few sliders and notifications is one of them. I keep forgetting to turn mine up and miss notifications. Do agree with the rest of your comment. Great phone and sips battery. I'm no longer tethered to an outlet, use it all day trying to kill it and haven't been able to. Had to plug Nexus in by noon if I used it and again on the way home.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This phone gets better and better every time I touch it...

The battery life is seriously blowing my mind and forcing me to rethink everything in life I thought to be true.

pjkump

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and wow what an awesome device! Everything about it is far and away better than my Galaxy Nexus. The speed of this thing is incredible and the battery life is something I am not used to at all. I was only 70% charged and I got over 24 hours and 6 hours of screen time on my first go around.

Was at a birthday party and everyone was commenting on how good the pictures and 4k video were. The screen size makes it so nice to review them.

Also love how accurate the stylus seems to be. Was trying out the sketcher app and was amazed at how well the varying pressure determines the line weight.

So far no negatives that I have come across, even the size has not been a factor in my pocket.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I am loving the S-Pen. A lot of people say it's gimmicky, so I've been trying to force myself to use it often to see if it actually does make a difference and....it does. Action memo is great. And I've been exploring S-Finder and it's also pretty awesome. You have to use the phone for awhile, but eventually it just becomes a summary of whats been happening that day. Makes multi-window actually fun to use, too. Could use a cooler name, but...

And the number of ways to access apps now is just ridiculous. I use TSF Shell, so I have my TSF dock at the bottom with a folder of apps in it, the TSF side bar on the right, the multi-window sidebar on the left, TSF gestures, stock lock screen shortcuts to favorites, SWIPEPAD (get it if you don't have it) AND the pen window....come on. Though I still normally just open up Google Now and type the first few letters and let it find it for me....just ridiculous.......ly awesome.

I wish it was a little easier to pull the pen out of the phone, but maybe it's just because my work keeps me from actually having fingernails.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Got mine yesterday and wow what an awesome device! Everything about it is far and away better than my Galaxy Nexus. The speed of this thing is incredible and the battery life is something I am not used to at all. I was only 70% charged and I got over 24 hours and 6 hours of screen time on my first go around.

Was at a birthday party and everyone was commenting on how good the pictures and 4k video were. The screen size makes it so nice to review them.

Also love how accurate the stylus seems to be. Was trying out the sketcher app and was amazed at how well the varying pressure determines the line weight.

So far no negatives that I have come across, even the size has not been a factor in my pocket.

Congrats on the new phone ...Welcome to the N3 family...

ksy77

Reaction score
Got mine 2 days after it was released in North America. Glad to know that my note 3 works with the note 2 smart dock:

[video=youtube;DCPCY9PSfSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPCY9PSfSk[/video]

[video=youtube;lWN43pnkg0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWN43pnkg0s[/video]

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Samsung did a great job in making this phone backwards compatible! So glad my 5 S3 cables are still completely legit. Great phone.

nellj

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I got my Note 3 last night and I got to keep my unlimited data by paying the subsidized price on a single line plan!!!!!! Here's my story, 3 weeks ago I walk into a VZW corporate store and let the rep know that I want the note 3, but want to keep my unlimited data. He tells me that the best he can do is put me on the Ultra plan 6gb/ $30 month. I was almost all checked out until I chickened out at the last minute. I had a gut feeling there had to be another way. I left.

I did tons of research, because I knew there was a way I could keep my unlimited data. The majority of posts I found were people who were on shared plans with phones that had an upgrade available. This did not apply to me. I did however get to thinking. What if i do what everyone else is doing, but for a single line plan.

I purchased a basic phone (LG VX5200) off craigslist for $10. I took that phone into VZW and explained to the sales rep that I want to purchase the Note 3 by adding a line then transfer it to my bionic unlimited line and place the basic phone onto the Note 3 line. He looked at me, smiled and said sure let's do it. I barely had to lift a finger. This rep knew exactly what I wanted. Within about 30 minutes I was walking out of the store with a Note 3 with unlimited data!!!! He did take a while with the basic phone because he had to convert the ESN to something the system could read. I asked if he gets this a lot and he said yes.

For anyone on a single line plan with unlimited who wants to upgrade, then this post is for you!!

Last edited:

hradek422

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I got my Note 3 last night and I got to keep my unlimited data by paying the subsidized price on a single line plan!!!!!! Here's my story, 3 weeks ago I walk into a VZW corporate store and let the rep know that I want the note 3, but want to keep my unlimited data. He tells me that the best he can do is put me on the Ultra plan 6gb/ $30 month. I was almost all checked out until I chickened out at the last minute. I had a gut feeling there had to be another way. I left.

I did tons of research, because I knew there was a way I could keep my unlimited data. The majority of posts I found were people who were on shared plans with phones that had an upgrade available. This did not apply to me. I did however get to thinking. What if i do what everyone else is doing, but for a single line plan.

I purchased a basic phone (LG VX5200) off craigslist for $10. I took that phone into VZW and explained to the sales rep that I want to purchase the Note 3 by adding a line then transfer it to my bionic unlimited line and place the basic phone onto the Note 3 line. He looked at me, smiled and said sure let's do it. I barely had to lift a finger. This rep knew exactly what I wanted. Within about 30 minutes I was walking out of the store with a Note 3 with unlimited data!!!! He did take a while with the basic phone because he had to convert the ESN to something the system could read. I asked if he gets this a lot and he said yes.

For anyone on a single line plan with unlimited who wants to upgrade, then this post is for you!!

This shouldn't work. To add a new line, even to an unlimited data plan, they have to set you up on a new LIMITED data package. I've asked about this extensively, and even asked about that EXACT situation before I got my Note 3, which is why I went ahead and took the plunge and went with the Edge Max plan for 6GB data. And if they DID do it for you, they're not supposed to be able to, and this post could put *Edited for Safety of awesome employee* at risk for doing something he wasn't supposed to do.

Just food for thought.

Last edited: