The Official "I got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3" thread!

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday! Best phone hands down. A little disappointed in battery life. Any tips on a good calibration technique without downloading additional apps?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm getting mine in about 2 hours. I have one question though: Screen protector? Or no screen protector? I plan to use the S-Pen quite a bit, and if I get microscratches on my screen, I'm going to be angry, but I don't typically like responsiveness WITH screen protectors. How are they working with or without?

I few have reported not as responsive with screen protector. .early reviews ...

Got mine yesterday! Best phone hands down. A little disappointed in battery life. Any tips on a good calibration technique without downloading additional apps?

You should not need to calibrate. ..battery should be solid..what are you seeing to disappoint

N2 tap'd HD

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting mine in about 2 hours. I have one question though: Screen protector? Or no screen protector? I plan to use the S-Pen quite a bit, and if I get microscratches on my screen, I'm going to be angry, but I don't typically like responsiveness WITH screen protectors. How are they working with or without?

I put a Verizon brand one on mine.
My foam/cloth tipped Newtrent stylus pen needs a bit more than natural pressure to be accurate but the s pen worked equally well both with and without. The s pen hover works equally well with and without, and as I wrote before when sliding, taking, etc with it I didn't need to change anything I was already doing. Feather touch is very responsive and accurate.
The regular stylus didn't need to be pressed, squished or anything like that but the usual feather touch I'm used to wasn't as accurate, especially when sliding words on Swype keyboard.
I've got a Note2.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I've never used a sp on any of my 5 smart phones and have never had a single mark. I just give the phone it's own pocket and that does it. Oh, and never dropping them helps as well! :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never used a sp on any of my 5 smart phones and have never had a single mark. I just give the phone it's own pocket and that does it. Oh, and never dropping them helps as well! :)

This is the first one I'm not running naked since the old resistive touch days of the Dare and Omnia. They needed one for cannon fodder from the presses required , especially work SlideIt on the Omnia.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode (Notetoo)

hradek422

Reaction score
Just got back from picking it up. Got my Graphite Note 3. I think I'm going to run it without a SP because the S-pen has actually been improved from the Note 2. The N2 seemed like the pen had a hard-ish pointed tip. This one is softer, less pointed. First impressions: OMG fricking awesome. Second, Third, and Fourth impressions (and so on) are the same.

rctp10

Reaction score
I've had mine for 28 hours now and initial impressions of the phone are great. I came from a gnex and was a little hesitant on pulling the trigger on the note 3 before I seen the nexus 5. I am defiantly happy I pulled the trigger on this amazing phone. It fits perfect in my hands, very responsive, no rooted phone sluggishness or force closes, just 26 hours of battery life and no need to look at a task manager. I never thought I would be so happy leaving the nexus line of phones. Everyone should go check one out, or if you know someone that has a note 3 you should hold it and use it to see how comfy it actually is in hand. All in all I'm very impressed.

O ya and the s pen is sick.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just got back from picking it up. Got my Graphite Note 3. I think I'm going to run it without a SP because the S-pen has actually been improved from the Note 2. The N2 seemed like the pen had a hard-ish pointed tip. This one is softer, less pointed. First impressions: OMG fricking awesome. Second, Third, and Fourth impressions (and so on) are the same.

I've had mine for 28 hours now and initial impressions of the phone are great. I came from a gnex and was a little hesitant on pulling the trigger on the note 3 before I seen the nexus 5. I am defiantly happy I pulled the trigger on this amazing phone. It fits perfect in my hands, very responsive, no rooted phone sluggishness or force closes, just 26 hours of battery life and no need to look at a task manager. I never thought I would be so happy leaving the nexus line of phones. Everyone should go check one out, or if you know someone that has a note 3 you should hold it and use it to see how comfy it actually is in hand. All in all I'm very impressed.

O ya and the s pen is sick.

Congrats to you both...great to hear the early reviews...

evereddie

Reaction score
Fandamntastic

Got it yesterday. This phone is a piece of art. The best.
I used the Verizon online order system and the promo code of verizon30. Got $90. off on the price. Picked up in the store. Got the Verizon screen protector and it's not bad. Wanted to hold off and get a high end one but knowing how things go, I would probably procrastinate and eventually scratch the phone like I did with my Thunderbolt. Having had the Thunderbolt crippled with the last update this Note 3 screams along. It's soooo nice. Lot's to learn. I have just begun.

delcopa

Reaction score
Got it on day one from Verizon. Have to say is worth the upgrade from note 2. Picked this up and the gear. Ran the gear for a few days on the note 2 while waiting for Verizon to release the note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4

grumpy

Reaction score
Mine arrived 10/10 6pm. took till 8pm to activate. Coming from an Iphone 4s here are my thoughts. This phone is a beast but has 1 drawback reception sucks. I live in the mountains and every time I get a new phone there are new drop spots. With the Iphone there was one place I would drop calls on the way to work (an Hour commute) and on the way home it would be a totally different spot.

With the Note 3 I dropped calls in 2 spots on the way to work and 4 times on the way home. It was almost like every time it switched towers I dropped calls.

evereddie

Reaction score
Mine arrived 10/10 6pm. took till 8pm to activate. Coming from an Iphone 4s here are my thoughts. This phone is a beast but has 1 drawback reception sucks. I live in the mountains and every time I get a new phone there are new drop spots. With the Iphone there was one place I would drop calls on the way to work (an Hour commute) and on the way home it would be a totally different spot.

With the Note 3 I dropped calls in 2 spots on the way to work and 4 times on the way home. It was almost like every time it switched towers I dropped calls.
So you actually use your phone to talk? I might have to try that.:icon_wink:

mcsoul

Reaction score
Finally found a phone that made me want to upgrade from my original Droid RAZR!

Got the 64gb Samsung class 10 memory card too, but it's only benchmarking at 16mb write speed.
I guess that's plenty for 1080p which is the setting I use to record video.

I purchased a couple cheap batteries, I hope they do not wreck the phone.
Amazon.com: Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I finally upgraded from the Razr (on Friday). This phone is amazing. On Saturday i used the heck out of this thing and after 24 hours I was at 16% (I see it lasting a couple days with my normal use during the work week). I'm used to putting my phone on the charger after 12 hours. I have not had any reception issues in my area. I've been a Moto fan for a long time, but I'm glad that I decided to try out a Galaxy device!!!

drksuh

Reaction score
I like mine but am very disappointed that HBO Go and Time Warner Cable app do not work because of Android 4.3. This has been an ongoing problem and apparently there is no solution for Galaxy Note 3.