Verizon Unlimited & Rollover News

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yuuge? Been hitting the sauce again?

A few of us were discussing it but I can't remember which thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new similar thread.
Vzw is advertising 'limitless data", and as seen in my screenshot, also saying that they don't force you to slow down.
Has anyone experienced what happens when you reach your limit?
My take is that they're using legalese by saying that they don't FORCE you to slow down, that you have the choice to boost your data, therefore if you choose not to boost, it is your choice, and no one forced the slow down.
Any thoughts or experiences?
41ab8a6ace1c6f4d66e6c2f99af97b43.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually you only have to change the pricing plan tier for the month where you are exceeding your allotted 4G data and they will make it retroactive to the beginning of your plan month. Then when your plan month renews you can drop back to the previous pricing tier and will have only suffered the cost difference between the original plan and the next highest tier for the time you needed it.

Obviously you only have to suffer the slowdown if you don't want to pay the additional cost. In that case, you "elect" to be slowed down.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Actually you only have to change the pricing plan tier for the month where you are exceeding your allotted 4G data and they will make it retroactive to the beginning of your plan month. Then when your plan month renews you can drop back to the previous pricing tier and will have only suffered the cost difference between the original plan and the next highest tier for the time you needed it.

Obviously you only have to suffer the slowdown if you don't want to pay the additional cost. In that case, you "elect" to be slowed down.
Yup. That sounds about right.

We don't have the "unlimited" safety net plan or whatever it's called, but we do have rollover.

My wife and I being home with the new baby really saved us on data. We have a ton of rollover this month. The plan we're on was already slightly more than we need, but the next step down wouldn't have cut it. We're rolling in data.

If your usage isn't very consistent, just the rollover data may be enough to keep you going. Of course, the throttled data is included on the bigger data plans, so if you're already "up there" in usage, you're really not losing anything, but actually gaining the ability to keep using data like it's 2010 again.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yup. That sounds about right.

We don't have the "unlimited" safety net plan or whatever it's called, but we do have rollover.

My wife and I being home with the new baby really saved us on data. We have a ton of rollover this month. The plan we're on was already slightly more than we need, but the next step down wouldn't have cut it. We're rolling in data.

If your usage isn't very consistent, just the rollover data may be enough to keep you going. Of course, the throttled data is included on the bigger data plans, so if you're already "up there" in usage, you're really not losing anything, but actually gaining the ability to keep using data like it's 2010 again.
They changed their plans to include safety net on all data plans now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They changed their plans to include safety net on all data plans now.

Say WHAT!? I'm going to have to investigate...Although, I think the 6GB plan is gone now. I think that's what I was on previously. Crazy that it seems like they didn't change the plans for the longest time and now it seems like they're rehashing them every few months.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Say WHAT!? I'm going to have to investigate...Although, I think the 6GB plan is gone now. I think that's what I was on previously. Crazy that it seems like they didn't change the plans for the longest time and now it seems like they're rehashing them every few months.
Tmo and sprint are starting to hurt vzw.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I guess so. Just looked at the plans & it said the safety thing is on the 8gb plan. I'm be darned.

Too bad I can't make 4gb work.

Well, I could, but I don't wanna...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just looked and the safety thing is on 4gb. Still not worth it to drop UDP.
Correct, from Verizon;

Who is eligible for Safety Mode, and how much does it cost?
Safety Mode is included for no additional charge on ALL sizes of the new Verizon Plan.

No other plans are eligible for Safety Mode at this time. If you want to use Safety Mode to prevent overages, you can switch to the New Verizon Plan online.