Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Turns out Verizon offered rollover data to month-to-month customers (without LTE) back in March of last year, so MAYBE there's a chance they'll do SOMETHING to compete...

"Verizon Wireless is working to simplify its approach to prepaid with a new Allset plan that costs $45 a month and includes unlimited voice minutes, unlimited messaging, and 500MB of data. Obviously some smartphone users will need a higher data cap than that, but rather than offer several different plan tiers, Verizon now wants its prepaid customers to add data a la carte. The carrier refers to this as Bridge Data, and as the name implies, one benefit of the new approach is that unused data will roll over from month to month."

Source: Verizon s new prepaid plan offers rollover data but still no LTE The Verge

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FoxKat, the problem is that you can't get a tier data plan cheaper then unlimited, for me my unlimited data is 29.99 / month and i get 8% off that rate because of my employer, if i would drop to the cheapest tier data plan it's $30 / month and I loose the 8% off my data.
I agree about the data portion not being less expensive on its own, but with a higher priced tiered plan for data, and the base unlimited voice plan it could be cheaper than what I'm paying now for the 1,400 minutes of family plan voice minutes plus unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a text today, an email a little later, that had a link to the new plan. Basically my leftover data will roll over to the next month then disappear to be replaced with any data leftover from the current month.
Since I don't use a lot of data, don't like giving back unused data I might start using the Speedtest.net app to burn off the excess or burn up the rollover. Last month I used 250MB, over 150 of that the Speed test app. That dude is a data hog.
I'm on family value plan with just a single line, $50 a month for unlimited/unlimited/1GB

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm not using my 15GB currently but good to have for those busy months

Tap'd by Big 6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not using my 15GB currently but good to have for those busy months

Tap'd by Big 6
With phones automatically signing into saved networks and me having Comcast I almost have to try to be on the data network. With Xfinity once you sign into 1 place it automatically signs you into any others that come into range and Comcast is THE leader, by far, in business internet around here and a requirement of using their business accounts is having a hot spot. It's separate from your business internet as far as speed, bandwidth etc but is required to offer.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4