Verizon to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans

Big Cam

Reaction score
you're up for your NE2 or your contract expires on that date? most of the time they're two different dates.

btw, have you been waiting for this date the whole time? have you tried asking for an early upgrade?
My 2 year contract is up 05/29/10.

I can upgrade early at 01/29/10.

I've called multiple times and they say I can upgrade early but I won't get the extra $100 off, which to me is worth the wait.

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Hey... am i reading their pricing right...

Did verizon finally get smart and realize that people hate paying 29.99 per line on family share plans or do we still have to play 29 per line for unlim data?

I mean that is if you have ...for example 2 droids on ur family plan...

Silver Member
Reaction score
ah, and there you go. ;) once you get a DROID, you'll hate it anyway, so might as well just quit. ahahha.

metsnfins

Reaction score
on the 39.99 plan so i think it doesnt affect me.

i can keep my 10 dollar text plan right? i dont see that listed

Big Cam

Reaction score
ah, and there you go. ;) once you get a DROID, you'll hate it anyway, so might as well just quit. ahahha.
haha, I don't know, I'm already in love with it and know so much about it, shoot, i've been here for 2 months now with no droid.

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's why i'm pretty sure you'll hate it once you have it. ha!

Rettocs

Reaction score
So for a customer like me, will anything change?

I pay for 450 minutes, and unlimited text & data.

Also, does unlimited data include messaging, or do you have to pay for them separately? I have both unlimited, but I'm not sure on this.

Lastly, on a shared plan, do you have to buy the unlimited data for each line, or do they share one data package?

justbob

Reaction score
haha, I don't know, I'm already in love with it and know so much about it, shoot, i've been here for 2 months now with no droid.

If your current phone is with Verizon, just give them a call and ask them to move your renewal date up. They'll do it if you ask nicely. My former contract didn't expire until the end of February and they moved my renewal date up to Dec 21. Got my Droid for Christmas dontcha know! :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's gotten so bad with BGR.... even if the information is accurate... when I see the link is on BGR, I don't read it. Fanboi which has gotten out of control. Anti everything that isn't iPhone related.

Rettocs

Reaction score

If your current phone is with Verizon, just give them a call and ask them to move your renewal date up. They'll do it if you ask nicely. My former contract didn't expire until the end of February and they moved my renewal date up to Dec 21. Got my Droid for Christmas dontcha know! :icon_ banana:

Wow that would be cool!

Sp3aK

Reaction score
From what I'm reading there won't be any change for me. I've got a family plan w/ two lins total. 700 min, 250 texts on each line, $30 data plan on my phone, and the full insurance on my phone. With my wifes current job we get a corporate discount so our bill comes out to $113.95.

Maybe my parents will have a better deal since they have 1400 minutes and unlimited texting on 4 lines.

thelion

Reaction score
All of you and your cheap rate plans....

...I am so freaking jealous. I am darn sick of paying $150 a month for a craptastic level of minutes and messages. I need more friends on the VZW network. I know one person on this network. Seriously. One.

daddyd302

Reaction score
All of you and your cheap rate plans....

...I am so freaking jealous. I am darn sick of paying $150 a month for a craptastic level of minutes and messages. I need more friends on the VZW network. I know one person on this network. Seriously. One.

I know 0.............