Verizon SUX!

Jamb

Reaction score
I just was lied to by two Verizon customer representatives within two weeks on phone issues I was having that were going on for three months . I can't believe this company can get away with these business practices and the way they treat their contracted customers. They tell you one thing ask are youcompletely satisfied and do the opposite of what they agreed to in the first place. Shame on you Verizon. I will never renew or sign another contract with these crooks again!

jnashr

Reaction score
I just was lied to by two Verizon customer representatives within two weeks on phone issues I was having that were going on for three months . I can't believe this company can get away with these business practices and the way they treat their contracted customers. They tell you one thing ask are youcompletely satisfied and do the opposite of what they agreed to in the first place. Shame on you Verizon. I will never renew or sign another contract with these crooks again!

Great post....full of information!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to off-topic for obvious reasons. Lots of complaining but no reason for the bitterness. Maybe AT&T will take care of you better. Read the Consumer Reports on their customer care.

crimsonblake

Reaction score
Any company of our size (over 83k employees) is going to unfortunately have a few reps that may be misinformed. I like to think of my self as a techy, informed, always up-to-date person. Unfortunately, even I have found that I've given misinformation, not intentionally, but due to the ever evolving nature of the wireless industry. This industry moves at such a rapid pace and with the amount of volume we do, it's EXTREMELY difficult to stay on top of 100's of phones, manufactures, software updates, accessories, price plans, troubleshooting, promotions, and account abnormalities. We try to do our best.

I'm sorry you felt you were given bad information. However, without details of what you were wanting to know. It's going to be impossible to get you the right information.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any company of our size (over 83k employees) is going to unfortunately have a few reps that may be misinformed. I like to think of my self as a techy, informed, always up-to-date person. Unfortunately, even I have found that I've given misinformation, not intentionally, but due to the ever evolving nature of the wireless industry. This industry moves at such a rapid pace and with the amount of volume we do, it's EXTREMELY difficult to stay on top of 100's of phones, manufactures, software updates, accessories, price plans, troubleshooting, promotions, and account abnormalities. We try to do our best.

I'm sorry you felt you were given bad information. However, without details of what you were wanting to know. It's going to be impossible to get you the right information.
The O.P. reminded me of calls I'd get at my call center when I worked there. People don't realize unless they've worked for VZW that not everyone has an Android phone, or has the same level of knowledge that others do. It sounds like you're one of those who would be great to talk to if I needed a techy guy. These kinds of people would rant and rave and not want you to talk, then they would escalate the call. I have a feeling we won't hear anything more from this person. When I call in as a consumer I always subconsciously check to see if they're using proper call sequencing, and if it was a bad call I tell them about it nicely.

crimsonblake

Reaction score

The O.P. reminded me of calls I'd get at my call center when I worked there. People don't realize unless they've worked for VZW that not everyone has an Android phone, or has the same level of knowledge that others do. It sounds like you're one of those who would be great to talk to if I needed a techy guy. These kinds of people would rant and rave and not want you to talk, then they would escalate the call. I have a feeling we won't hear anything more from this person. When I call in as a consumer I always subconsciously check to see if they're using proper call sequencing, and if it was a bad call I tell them about it nicely.

I worked at a Sprint landline call center when I was in college. It's extremely mentally draining. I now work as a sales rep at a class A EXTREME high volume store. Luckily, I deal more with sales than I do with customer service issues. However, Verizon has gone to a one Que system now at stores and I have to pull the slot machine just like everyone else. It may be a sale, a tech or a service issue. I really have no clue how these dedicated customer service people do it. They literally deal with angry customers 24/7.

If you or anyone else ever has any questions regarding promotions or account issues feel free to pm me. It goes straight to my concession line gmail account and I'll respond in due time.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I say we post a poll...to see if it's a troll!

-Matt

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would like to know as well. Another rep here to offer help if I can and I also apologize for the possible misinformation you feel like you've been given. We're over 88,000 strong btw. Haha! ;)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From working for VZW for 2-1/2 years and now on the consumer side I can see the frustration sometimes. No, I don't call CS often, but I did just after posting earlier in here. I signed up for text internet banking and did a test. Well, my premium text block stopped it. I also know that not all short codes have a premium message price. I also know that we could look up the short codes and know if they were free or if they charged. So, again, I like to listen to call sequencing, and it's just engrained in my brain....so she asks how she can help me....did she recap my issue and move on to bridge to business....no she says "well if it is a short code it's gonna charge you". I kept my cool and in disbelief, so my next question was "what call center are you in" and her answer was Alabama. So, unless it's an old Alltel call center, I know this is an APAC site. I did not say anything to her nor did I politely escalate the call because I just was not in the mood tonight, but I know I probably should have. She then looked up the short code and read it and declared this one does not seem to charge, and she was sort of surprised. She said she wanted to look up a short code she knows charges, and sure enough she said it did show a cost for that short code she looked up. So, yes she did use her resources and achieved "FCR" but she did a poor job handling the call, mainly at the beginning when she jumped to the conclusion before looking and failing for call sequence.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
...she did a poor job handling the call, mainly at the beginning when she jumped to the conclusion before looking and failing for call sequence.

I had a slightly similar experience calling my credit card company (which jerked with due dates and as a result managed to, despite $350 a month going on the card in two $175 installments, run the interest rate up to 24.75%). At the time the issue was a $1000 fraudulent charge due to some telephone scammers. I called the company, spoke to this one lady, gave her all the information she asked for, and the more I talked the more I sensed she didn't want to deal with me, right up till she asked for a recurring charge on the card.

Well, duh, I'm thinking. The dialup bill recurs every month, right? So I say as much.

"No, sir, I'm seeing nothing of the kind. Is there anything else? Sir, why don't you just call back when the cardholder is present." And she hangs up. She just disconnected the call. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she flipping tells me flat out that she "can't do that, sir."

Needless to say after the jerking around she just did there's no way in heck I was going to let that stand (and I'm no longer a Bank of American customer, nor will I ever be again). I called back, I got ahold of another rep, and I informed her in no uncertain terms that I was ticked off.

THAT got her attention. I didn't swear, I didn't yell, I tried to be as polite as possible, but I was mad. She helped me. She didn't ask me any of the stupid questions the other lady had asked, she looked stuff up, she spoke to her supervisor, etc. She even tried to help lower the interest rate but the due-date jacking had messed up our credit for another six months, at which point a 1% reduction would take place, provided no more "late" payments would go through.

All of this to report a stolen credit card number and dispute a $1,000 fraudulent charge. I'm glad I got the second lady I talked to. If not, I would have exploded over the phone and that would have gotten me nowhere. :)

OP
J

Jamb

Reaction score
I really think Verizon needs a multi million dollar lawsuit filed against for deceptive business practices regarding early deactivation fees. They charge 25.00 for activation and then charge customers$ 175.00 to deactivate the same line. That to me is clearly deceptive in the mere fact you can do the reverse action and charge 7Xthe original fee. They preach 100& customer satisfaction and lie to you bold face, there crs told me twice the issue I had was resolved and 2 weeks later said they have no record. Anyone else experiencing these types of customer service treatment and deceptive practices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jamb

Reaction score
To make a long story short,I had been charged for a deactivation fee from csr mistake which they issued me a line that was not usable. They had to give me another line 20 min. While activation was going through and gave me a second line and first were charging me 300.00 then 175.00 for their error. Two weeks later i'm still trying to get this resolved after twice being told it had been taken care of. I Was a pretty good Verizon chromed 5+ years until this time I spent over 4 hours. On phone 4 different days trying to get fixed with no resolution as of yet. I hear this one made a mistake, this one fixed it,no there is something wrong here. All over their mistake in first place.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rlfitz

Reaction score
you can find bad employees in any company. I was an asst manager of a cingular store a few years back. You would not believe how many 'fires' i had to put out, because somebody from customer service pissed somebody off. From working there and being a sprint customer i can assure you that verizon is by far better than either of sprint or AT+T.. just my 2cents.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of folks have no business working with the public or with electronic devices. Even less should be working in customer service but unfortunately it is what it is and you never know what the customer before you did that could affect the reps judgement. This doesn't include management that is clueless to their employees jobs and daily grind plus pressure from company policies. Verizon, from what I understand will gig an employee for spending too much time with a customer and like the initial post, how are they to solve the problem in a white collar set time if the customer gives little or faulty information and do it correctly every time.
While some employees couldn't give a rats butt about the customer, the customer sometimes is the reason for their bad experience

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype on Tapatalk