1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about Upgrade Pricing

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by inmotion, Nov 5, 2009.

1. inmotion

inmotion New Member

I've been with Alltel for years, so logging on to Verizon for the first time today I saw their policy for renewing a contract.

It seems the "New Every Two" promotion only covers the first $30-50 of any phone on an upgrade \ renewal of contract. Does this mean I'll have to pay $549 ($599-50) for the Droid tomorrow? Or am I misreading this somehow and they'll treat it like a new contract?

EDIT: On a side note, It might not hurt to add a Verizon forum since this question doesn't have a proper home
  2. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

no..... youll get the 2 year price which is 299, you also get the 100 dollar mail in rebate. (instant if you buy at best buy on online)

Then you get the NE2 discount which can vary depending on when you last signed a contract. Some people have 50 towards a new device some have 100 dollars towards the new device..

so

+299 base price
    -100 rebate
    -50 or 100 - NE2 discount
  3. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

tomorrow (or sometime this weekend) there are going to be a lot of changes to the forum. there will be a place for verizon topics, just hang tight. but to answer your question, the $199 price point is for the 2-year agreement price. if you sign a new contract with them, you get that price. after two years, THEN you get the new every two discount on your next phone, that is a discount off of the 2-year agreement price point available at that time.
  4. inmotion

inmotion New Member

Now I'm excited again, I'll be getting it for $149 after rebate!
  5. RayPaganJr

RayPaganJr New Member

I hate mail-in rebates. Why don't they just discount it at checkout? But it's better than nothing.
  6. Leastbay

Leastbay New Member

yeah, you get the full discount. Im in the same situation. I went to talk to them the other day and all is good. Even keeping my Alltel contract.
  7. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

Because they make money on people who misplace or just plain forget to send it in. :icon_eek:
Search tags for this page

upgrade at discounted price vs full price at verizon