droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I'm almost to safety mode because we haven't had wifi during our move...when I hit safety mode I'll post a speed test.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
2fd664545447a72952d25ad65153850b.jpg

That's current on 2 bars of 4g. We live in what I refer to as the BFE of South East Texas. I'm sure it's faster if I go into town.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Luke611

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 10+
For some reason I can't post my screenshot, but my ping is 59, DL is 40.41, and my UL is 11.02. Central Ks, north of Wichita.

Sent from someone else's Galaxy 7.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I need to move east 1/2 mile.

99a5165a0ff527debb78fd57dc374d88.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Better results at home, this is part of why I don't use wifi, fast enough for anything I do on my phone

53816e548768f2101b2c4576dd563142.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Any time a company offers the option to move from an existing plan choice (or specific price/quantity tier), to a new one that is far more valuable (large quantity increase), even if the monthly rate goes up slightly, it's a good thing. Then, to add the "carryover minutes" for free on all plans, this is in my mind an even better deal.

Imagine your food store saying you can get more food per dollar by as much as 41% (i.e. $30 for 1 GB versus $35 for 2)? Who wouldn't jump at chance like that? And yes, for some the added data may not be necessary or wanted, and the monthly increase may be hard to handle but for them they needn't do a thing. They can keep their existing plans and suffer no increases. Actually in many cases they can jump to a new lower monthly price point and either slightly reduce the quantity or even have the same or more resulting in a net savings.

For those who see the added data at a nominal monthly increase in expenditure even as unnecessary but welcome, the "carryover data" feature let's them at least push any leftover data to the next month (one month only). This is not a price increase in my opinion but actually a substantial price decrease based on cost per unit of measure.

I see this as a win, win, win, win;

...a win for those who don't want to pay more and get more since they can stay where they are
...a win for those who don't necessarily think they'll benefit from greater data but like the idea of a greater value for their money
...a win for those who want significant more data but don't want to pay a large plan increase cost,
...and a win for Verizon because they increase their monthly revenue without taking a big hit to the bottom line.

ff78bf937690def939546d50e01a438e.jpg

Whenever I buy products at the supermarket I'm always looking at the price per measured quantity (i.e. $/lb), to get my greatest value, and quite often buy a larger unit size to capitalize on the value savings. Looking at this chart above in a supermarket I'd have no problem taking a higher quantity at that much greater value, whether it's steak, cereal, milk, sugar or, in this case data. How about gasoline? Would you rather pay $3 for one gallon or $3.50 for two?

This is the main, primary, dare I say ONLY reason I have NOT left the UDP plan I'm on now. There could be no greater value plan for me than UDP unless they began offering 50 GB per phone line for under $50. Right now I'm on UDP for two lines at $49.99 each and NEVER have to worry about going over. In contrast I'm paying $30/month for 2 GB for my son!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Better results at home, this is part of why I don't use wifi, fast enough for anything I do on my phone

53816e548768f2101b2c4576dd563142.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Y'know your home WiFi is probably 2x that, right?!?!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Y'know your home WiFi is probably 2x that, right?!?!

Barely. I only have a 30/5 package.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Full signal 4G speeds at my house are horrid. LOL generally... Of course I just ran a test and got 37/4.8 But none the less the price jump worked great for me. I have no complaints at all.

I haven't done much research on this but why is Alaska not covered in our text plan? supposedly we are getting charged $50 for overages for the OH texting her mom in Alaska.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Full signal 4G speeds at my house are horrid. LOL generally... Of course I just ran a test and got 37/4.8 But none the less the price jump worked great for me. I have no complaints at all.

I haven't done much research on this but why is Alaska not covered in our text plan? supposedly we are getting charged $50 for overages for the OH texting her mom in Alaska.....
Depends on if the plan states US or CONUS.... sometimes. Alaska is part of the US, but not the Continental US. I would think in 2016 that all texting & calling to AK would be part of any basic plan with a US carrier. It was a little different when I lived there in the 90's, but these days I would think texting / calling to AK are included with your plan?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If that's the speed we get in safety mode is not horrible. You can stream Netflix at that and still use at least 3 other devices and not see lag.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk