Verizon galaxy nexus users coming up on their upgrade.

darkodroid

Reaction score
I'm going to wait for the X phone my nexus is totally fine especially since it's fully up to date until the X phone comes out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Hugg727

Reaction score
I got my GNEX at launch and I couldn't be happier with this phone. I waited about 3 months before I rooted but once i did it opened my eyes to what this phone can do. I have friends and family who recently have gotten S3s and Note2's. With the exception of the Note2's screen there is no reason to upgrade for me. I have been on 4.2.2 for over a month and they are still behind in updates.

Now of course we have to see what the Nexus 5 / Xphone has for us come the fall. I will probably go with one of those and keep my GN as a reliable backup.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Overall I've been pretty happy with my GNEX, but I'm due for an upgrade at the end of April (and so is my wife). She's more desperate than I am as she has the Droid 3 and it's acting pretty wonky. So what are we looking at? She likes the S3 but wants a Stylus (Note 2 is too big she says). I'm interested in the Google/Moto phone so I'm anxious to see what that's going to be like. The HTC One looks interesting, but not sure if VZW will get it. I'm also looking at the S4.

My last Moto phone was the X2... and it was pretty blah for me. I gave it to my sister when I got my GNex... She's a smartphone noob but she's getting frustrated with it. With my wife's issues with her D3 I'm very weary of Moto now. I've had a decent time with my GNex... It's been working fine for me; so maybe i got lucky.

And you don't have some dummy phones on your contract? You could use that line to transfer your upgrades and get a new phone on subsidy. Just saying if you're unsure how see the forum for instructions it worked for me.
If you're waiting for a Google/moto you're better off waiting because the CFO said that the next couple of Moto devices aren't wow material: ( http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/2...pcoming-products-are-wow-by-google-standards/)
If your wife likes the qwerty keyboard of the stratosphere then look on eBay for the strats 2 or even the Droid 4. Just saying if not look around ebay, swappa, amazon even your local flea markets for newer phones at a super discount so you don't lose unlimited.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have unlimited data on Verizon and waiting for Google to release lte device with large battery(3k+) that's not carrier locked(rf360) and is waterproof(liquipel) so I can use it in the shower.

Till then my nexus with 4.2.2 does everything I need and then some without a need to upgrade. 3d camera gallery makes everyone go ooh and aah :)

comk4ver

Reaction score
Well it doesn't matter what our plans are now due to Verizon's cutting us out of our twenty months early upgrade.

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
I still was on 3g so razrm for$200 working great for me! With the prices dropping I will pick up the HTC DNA in s year for the same!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
well, vzw is booting off their service (kinda). I have 2 individual lines with them with about 11 months to go. i moved to house with 0 reception, called them up about getting the extender for free. they said no cant do it for free but we can let you off your contract without a penalty and you can port your number to any carrier. so they are willing to lose about $2K (2 lines contracts) for $150 wireless extender. wow, that tells you they dont care if you stay or not. my only draw back is my unlimited data! o well...

so:
S4?
Note 3?
Or the mysterious "Googotrola" phone. :D
on AT&T

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well, vzw is booting off their service (kinda). I have 2 individual lines with them with about 11 months to go. i moved to house with 0 reception, called them up about getting the extender for free. they said no cant do it for free but we can let you off your contract without a penalty and you can port your number to any carrier. so they are willing to lose about $2K (2 lines contracts) for $150 wireless extender. wow, that tells you they dont care if you stay or not. my only draw back is my unlimited data! o well...

so:
S4?
Note 3?
Or the mysterious "Googotrola" phone. :D
on AT&T

go n4 from google play store if you want to save money. I personally have the n2 on att and love it.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I just jumped to the S3. Costco has them for $70 and my wife and both had our contracts due (she got one too and upgraded from her POS D3). I'm only a day in but so far so good. I miss a few of the GNEX's features but I'm getting used to the S3. I'm about split on the on-screen buttons vs the designated buttons on the S3. I have 2 weeks to go back, so we will see what happens.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade since I was a first day adopter of the Gnex. But I'm spoiled on Vanilla Android like I had with the OG. It would be hard for me to jump carriers if I wanted another Nexus device. I have an old Alltel plan: National Family Plan 900 minutes for $59.99/mo. Coupled with unlimited data, I just don't see myself leaving Big Red anytime soon even IF I upgrade. The only thing killing me about the Gnex is the battery life. I have to shut down the radios while I'm at work until I need to use the phone because the phone strains to find a signal. Irritating. As much as I hate to admit it, I hate seeing my coworker with an iPhone 4s play Youtube vids all day without having to plug his phone in.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
tomorrow is the day. im dumping my vzw unlimited for tmo. unlimited. i did the math and it came out i can save a little $ with tmo. since i had some crazy discounts with vzw but no point with the discount if i cant use it when im home and TMo coverage at my house is excellent. And Im not about to sell my house over a phone. :p im getting the HTC One and the Note 2. Tmo is giving me 100 for switching two lines. HTC is giving me a 100 for their buy back program (turning in my BB Storm :biggrin: for the HTC One), and i get 25 referal from my little brother...so 225 aint to bad out the gate.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Just about a week in with my S3; after several little teaks etc its working great for me (wifey enjoys hers too). I'm enjoying getting nearly 9 hours with my phone on, 2 hours of screen on time, and still having over 50% of my battery life left. Samsung did a good job with their power saving mode. I was turning my data off at work on my GNEX just to get through a day on one battery.

As much as I hated TouchWiz on the original Galaxy S, TW isn't as obtrusive as it was.

Axium

Reaction score
I feel like the only one that still likes this phone...Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2