When the nexus comes out.....

droid doctor

Reaction score
Okay here's my question I want to get the nexus for Christmas because my Droid 2 charger port is getting wiggly. I have an unlimited data plan now if I get the galaxy nexus will I be grandfathered in to unlimited 4g ? Even if I get it without an upgrade ?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Okay here's my question I want to get the nexus for Christmas because my Droid 2 charger port is getting wiggly. I have an unlimited data plan now if I get the galaxy nexus will I be grandfathered in to unlimited 4g ? Even if I get it without an upgrade ?

Yes, as long as you keep the same number/account with Verizon you are grandfathered in for unlimited data, unless you change the data to tiered because once you go tiered you'll never get your unlimited back... ever.

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
Ill rather keep unlimited because right now I use like 1gb of data because of my wifi. But once I get 4g ill be using it more.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the number/account answer. I will be upgrading to a 4g device on my 2nd line (my kids phone number) and then switching the phone to my phone number cause my kid is fine with a D1 for along time yet. I hope. Is this still going work. I have 3 lines all unlimited, and will be upgrading before my contract expires just to be safe.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have a question about the number/account answer. I will be upgrading to a 4g device on my 2nd line (my kids phone number) and then switching the phone to my phone number cause my kid is fine with a D1 for along time yet. I hope. Is this still going work. I have 3 lines all unlimited, and will be upgrading before my contract expires just to be safe.

As long as the number has the unlimited data you'll be grandfathered in, if you open new lines or opt out of a contract and open a new line all that is available to you would be tiered data. This is how it was explained to me when I opened a new line and put my little brother on my plan, I got to keep my unlimited and he got 2GB for $30/mo.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score

Have u checked ur cord to make sure it ain't that? My droids port is wiggly to but mine is just the cord.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
No mines the charger port because my brother's Droid 2 charges fine with my cord. Its probably because I dropped it a couple times while on the charger.