Verizon galaxy nexus users coming up on their upgrade.

acalla4

Reaction score
seriously PC, you're making my upgrade choice difficult now. Now I HAVE to check out the Note2 when I'm in the store next week.

You may as well wait until the Note 3 comes out, with the rumors of premium materials and whatnot (if that's something you care about)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You may as well wait until the Note 3 comes out, with the rumors of premium materials and whatnot (if that's something you care about)
we'll see. Rumors are Note3 is going to be even bigger than the Note 2, Note 2 is where I draw the line. I haven't even really used one in person yet, but I'll definitely check it out.

Upgrade is next week and constant rumors of phones comin out near the end of summer or beginning of fall...

acalla4

Reaction score
I have no clue what I'll be getting. I don't know if I wanna stick with Verizon or what. I don't get good enough coverage to justify paying the enormous monthly bill. Then again, jumping ship to AT&T isn't that big of a change. I just want a quality phone to be released on Verizon when everyone else gets it. I don't think that's too much to ask for. But with the Moto X, Razr Ultra phones, HTC One/Butterfly 2 (or whatever), and Sony, I'm pretty torn. I'm waiting to see what Motorola has to offer before I make any decisions. I'll be sticking with my GNex until after my upgrade date in late July.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have no clue what I'll be getting. I don't know if I wanna stick with Verizon or what. I don't get good enough coverage to justify paying the enormous monthly bill. Then again, jumping ship to AT&T isn't that big of a change. I just want a quality phone to be released on Verizon when everyone else gets it. I don't think that's too much to ask for. But with the Moto X, Razr Ultra phones, HTC One/Butterfly 2 (or whatever), and Sony, I'm pretty torn. I'm waiting to see what Motorola has to offer before I make any decisions. I'll be sticking with my GNex until after my upgrade date in late July.
Are you on unlimited data still? Cause if not and coverage is spotty, then I would personally jump ship if I were you.

More selection of phones on a GSM network would play a huge advantage for me. However, I can't deny the excellent coverage I get in my area and places I visit, along with my unlimited data, so I'll be stealing an upgrade on another line in our plan.

Mont

Reaction score
I ended up going with plan D.

Swapped carriers with my Sister( I pay her bill there was no debate) ported her number to my Gnex and my number to T-Mobile and got the Nexus 4.

Contract not up till December did the math I wouldn't had saved much canceling Verizon and paying the termination fee so at least I get to keep the unlimited if I decide to stay.

So Verizon got till the end of the year to announce they will carry the next Nexus phone or a phone I'm interested in or I'm out, tired of paying a car note and can't even get the phone I want. My bill is almost as much as what 2 people pay any other service

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
My Gnex contract is up This Friday with Verizon. I am thinking of getting the GNote3 as my next device. The Only other phone the got my attention is the S4. Liking what I see from the Gnote3 specs. What are you guys getting or already purchased?

Last edited:

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I was switched out for a Droid maxx HD about two months ago. I'm going to try a use it for another year once my where's phone comes off contract and then check my options. I don't want to give up my unlimited data.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Had the Galaxy Nexus and presently have Note 2. The superiority of the latter over the former is beyond description.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Had the Galaxy Nexus and presently have Note 2. The superiority of the latter over the former is beyond description.

I am going with the Gnote3 as my next phone. Gnex is on its last leg. I have the Gnote 10.1 and love it. I will keep it all in the family.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hopefully the Note 3 comes out soon then. Haven't regretted for a second choosing my s4 as my upgrade.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Even with a 4.3 rom the gnex is starting to show its age. The battery life is really annoying and has almost left me stranded(literally) a couple times. I'm done with this phone and upgradind as soon as i can.
My choices are between the new maxx or the new iphone(yes i know).
Battery life and performance are my main priorities. I got the chance to use the iphone 5 for a couple months and what a difference. Super smooth, responsive and battery life was amazing. But i still have time to make my decision.

I bought my girlfriend the Note 2 and its pretty sweet but its too big for me.

mrmark27

Reaction score
as long as the Note 3 comes out soon after next weeks announcement, that will be my next phone. my nexus has been beyond on its last legs. i was going to get the S4 but verizon screwed up my order last week and the more I thought about it, the more I realized the Note 3 was my choice.

xxpigxx

Reaction score
I still got a bit before I am off contract. Dunno what phone I will be getting, but I an tired of my GN (4th one and the USB port is wonky, after only a few months) and tired of Big Red.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
My Nexus is still going strong, but I'm a pretty avg user. I don't do any intense streaming or gaming. It's definitely less glitchy and buggy than my OG Droid after 2 years. Besides, I bought an extended battery when I go the phone and also another one a few months ago for free when there was a special online. I stopped by the store to check out what's new because I always sort of like to have my research done just in case my current phone breaks, that way I can just go in and pick up a new one. I played with the Ultra and Maxx. I really liked the radio on the OG, so I really want Moto, however if I had to choose now, I would probably go with the S4 because I realize I hardly use my phone as a phone and when I do the conversations are short.