Verizon galaxy nexus users coming up on their upgrade.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm now on my 7th phone because of dropped data and random reboots. I love this phone but its killing me that they can't send me one that will hold a constant signal. I live in a strong 4g area and the phone will lose 4g and barely have any 3g most of the time. All 7 phones now have done the same thing....its getting frustrating. I know its not the area because my wife's rezound always has a constant strong 4g signal. Just my luck Verizon says this week they changed there policy and no longer can swap for a different phone ...so you got lucky my friend. Eventually there going to get tired of exchanging phones and send me a different one I imagine....maybe when I exchange the 100th one lol. I'm not backing down....they keep sending me crap and they will keep exchanging phones and rack up thousands of dollars in shipping.

Yes! Git em!

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'm now on my 7th phone because of dropped data and random reboots. I love this phone but its killing me that they can't send me one that will hold a constant signal. I live in a strong 4g area and the phone will lose 4g and barely have any 3g most of the time. All 7 phones now have done the same thing....its getting frustrating. I know its not the area because my wife's rezound always has a constant strong 4g signal. Just my luck Verizon says this week they changed there policy and no longer can swap for a different phone ...so you got lucky my friend. Eventually there going to get tired of exchanging phones and send me a different one I imagine....maybe when I exchange the 100th one lol. I'm not backing down....they keep sending me crap and they will keep exchanging phones and rack up thousands of dollars in shipping.

Well, I had another assurion nexus replacement die on me this weekend with a problem I have never seen before, I had the phone indicating no mobile service but still had 4g data. This was a first timer for me as it is usually data it loses.

No signal bars, could not make a phone call, no sms, but the most blazing fastest 4g that I ever had with these phones.

At least I don't have to worry about battery life anymore because I have a stack of batteries and chargers now for this phone because when assurion replaces them you get to keep the battery and the charger.

God what a pos this phone is , Funny thing though I am back on my OG droid that has never been replaced until my replacement comes in. A true statement to the difference of build quality between Samsung and Moto.

My OG Droid blows this thing away in terms of reliability.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
That stinks, did you go to a Verizon store? Do you have insurance? All but one time I went into the store. The first time I went in I had the basic insurance and it was over one year. The sales rep added the highest insurance which was about 1 dollar more per month. Which extended the warranty to two years and started the process.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
That stinks, did you go to a Verizon store? Do you have insurance? All but one time I went into the store. The first time I went in I had the basic insurance and it was over one year. The sales rep added the highest insurance which was about 1 dollar more per month. Which extended the warranty to two years and started the process.

The last time I went into a store was about 6 years ago , most of them are worthless a-holes.

My phone was stolen out of my car and I went in to the store to report it and pick up a replacement. The guy pointed to one of the demos on the wall and told me to call customer service and that he couldn't do anything for me. It was about 15 minutes to closing for the store. He went over to the door and locked it. There was a person that had driven up and needed a charger, he proceeded to tell them there was a walmart down the street he could go pick one up at and refused to unlock the door.

I did use BJ's when I picked up this Nexus to my surprise, I had asked about the Nexus at the kiosk when there were rumors that they had gotten them in early and I was up there shopping anyway. The lady working the kiosk took my number but I didn't expect to hear anything back from her. But to my surprise on the morning they got them in she called me and told me that she would hold on to one for me until I could swing by. I wish more store associates could be like her. But overall I have had bad in-store experiences.

And yes I have insurance and have used it, normally I don't usually get it but I had questions about the samsung build quality going into the purchase of my phone (read my older threads debating this) and I am glad I did pick up the insurance on this phone as it is a total piece of trash and have had to use the insurance and the warranty on the replacements several times.

I have no complaints about customer service with them (assurion and VZW phone and web customer service) but the quality of the replacements is bad I received a couple that the LED notification lights were either dim or not working at all, bad signal quality, and now with this one I thought I had a good one but after a couple of months this current issue with no mobile service indicated (can't make or receive calls, no sms, but 4g still works).

I am headed back to Moto after this once I have the money saved up to buy one off contract to keep my unlimited plan. I will never ever buy another piece of samsung garbage again.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well I got my replacement on warranty in the mail the other day, was surprised to see they sent me a brand new phone.
I was even more surprised when I booted it up, they sent me a 16 GB instead of a 32 GB which I had originally purchased. :icon_cussing:

I am not even going to bother calling back on this one,I have spent too much of my time trying to get replacements on this pos.

Hopefully this thing holds out long enough for me to save up and buy one off contract. Never Samsung ... Never Again is my motto from now on.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I got my replacement on warranty in the mail the other day, was surprised to see they sent me a brand new phone.
I was even more surprised when I booted it up, they sent me a 16 GB instead of a 32 GB which I had originally purchased. :icon_cussing:

I am not even going to bother calling back on this one,I have spent too much of my time trying to get replacements on this pos.

Hopefully this thing holds out long enough for me to save up and buy one off contract. Never Samsung ... Never Again is my motto from now on.

That was my motto until I bought the note 2. I swore Samsung wouldn't see a dime of my money again. My how a change in phones seem to change my feelings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Sorry but I have been burned too much by this phone, and going back to my og droid which seemed sluggish compared to my nexus was also a relief.

I could actually make and receive phone calls without dropping from the building that I am in, I had a steady 3g signal as well even though not as fast it was reliable and worked when I needed it the most.

Swapped back to my new nexus... reliability is gone again Data signal drops, phone call drops all in the same area.

As much as I think that I have an open mind on products, I don't think I can be swayed on this one. I am done with Samsung.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry but I have been burned too much by this phone, and going back to my og droid which seemed sluggish compared to my nexus was also a relief.

I could actually make and receive phone calls without dropping from the building that I am in, I had a steady 3g signal as well even though not as fast it was reliable and worked when I needed it the most.

Swapped back to my new nexus... reliability is gone again Data signal drops, phone call drops all in the same area.

As much as I think that I have an open mind on products, I don't think I can be swayed on this one. I am done with Samsung.
Dang you actually went back to the og droid. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya.

I'm counting down the days til I'm eligible for an upgrade and it's looking like the s4, but I am giving the Lumia 928 a shot, at least I plan on it. 13 days:icon_ banana:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Someone who feels my pain. I been through 5 galaxy nexus and people swore up and down I was the one with the problem and not the phone. Im telling you the note 2 is a complete 180. Radios are off the chart. The quad core 2 gigs of ram makes this thing feel iphone smooth. I truly have no complaints. I recommend this phone to any one. It will make you forget all the issues you had with the nexus it is that good.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Dang you actually went back to the og droid. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya.

I'm counting down the days til I'm eligible for an upgrade and it's looking like the s4, but I am giving the Lumia 928 a shot, at least I plan on it. 13 days:icon_ banana:

It was only for a couple of days, the phone didn't have service on my assurion replacement it would get a 4g signal but it would not make phone calls or send and receive sms text messages. It was on the weekend so I had to switch back to it while I waited for yet another replacement to get shipped to me.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Someone who feels my pain. I been through 5 galaxy nexus and people swore up and down I was the one with the problem and not the phone. Im telling you the note 2 is a complete 180. Radios are off the chart. The quad core 2 gigs of ram makes this thing feel iphone smooth. I truly have no complaints. I recommend this phone to any one. It will make you forget all the issues you had with the nexus it is that good.

Dude, comparing it to an itoy is definitely not selling me on it. :icon_ nono::rating00:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dude, comparing it to an itoy is definitely not selling me on it. :icon_ nono::rating00:

Well iOS for awhile has been smoother operating wise than android. One of the complaints about android was the lag or sluggish feeling. So using the iPhone as a comparison basically blew the iPhone out of the water. The only thing iOS had over android was the silky smooth feeling. So now you get that plus a larger screen with killer customizations and features. Note 2 ftw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Touch using Tapatalk.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well iOS for awhile has been smoother operating wise than android. One of the complaints about android was the lag or sluggish feeling. So using the iPhone as a comparison basically blew the iPhone out of the water. The only thing iOS had over android was the silky smooth feeling. So now you get that plus a larger screen with killer customizations and features. Note 2 ftw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Touch using Tapatalk.

I was basically kidding with you but I understand on where you are coming from.

It's good to hear that you found a device that you like and are willing to recommend it, it just not for me.

I have found that over the years that the durability and reliability of the moto devices are second to none. There have been several let downs but overall they can't be beat.

Such is the reason I am holding off and saving up before I go out and drop $700 off contract on a device. I am waiting to see what the build quality is of the "new Motorola" under Google.

It will be interesting to see if that same build quality remains in place.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Had the Galaxy Nexus for several months. Not a horrible phone but seriously under powered with inferior radios. Upgraded to Galaxy S3 then fell in love with Note 2. Have no plans to upgrade again in foreseeable future.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
seriously PC, you're making my upgrade choice difficult now. Now I HAVE to check out the Note2 when I'm in the store next week.