droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Is it sad I thought of you as soon as I heard about this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't know... lol... why did you think of me?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Well it was either you or TisMyDroid who had the promo originally. I get you two mixed up constantly lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Oh I posted about it first but she had it too! I appreciate your thought

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
verizon-chrome-sign.jpg

· If a customer upgrades on a qualifying plan, receives the bonus data, and then decides to switch to another plan that still qualifies for bonus data, will they retain the offer?

o Yes! As long as the plan stays at Large or higher on the New Verizon pricing structure, they can move between price points and retain their bonus data.

As of now, we have no end date for this promotion, but it will be limited. "[/I]

Jackiescivic, now I'm wondering if I choose to switch to one of their new large or xl rollover plans, will they let me keep the 8gb for life promo datab that I received last year when they offered this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Ugh, I think this might be worth leaving my grandfathered UDP, but not sure. I get a nervous feeling every time I start doing that deep-thinking part of switching. Okay, I'll give 'em a call and see what kind of savings I might get....

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ugh, I think this might be worth leaving my grandfathered UDP, but not sure. I get a nervous feeling every time I start doing that deep-thinking part of switching. Okay, I'll give 'em a call and see what kind of savings I might get....
About $10 for me. Not worth it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You know, after researching the history of UDP and plans in general, I've seen that Verizon has worked hard to increase plan limits while reducing costs. I know that's going to create a strong response from some, but the numbers don't lie. Today you can get 100GB of data at speeds that are 1000 times faster than 3G and the cost is less than 1/3 of what a comparable plan would have been in 2009. Most everything in life we buy gets more expensive over time, but the cost of data, both in transmission and storage has dropped precipitously over the last 2 decades, and will likely continue the downward slide for the foreseeable future.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
About $10 for me. Not worth it.

Instead of calling, I logged in and did an account analysis and a comparison with a contracted plan. I have four of us on the grandfathered UDP and, at most, have used a skosh over 22GB on our "worst" month. If I purchased the XXL plan and transferred us all over, I would save over $100 a month. Assuming I am understanding everything here, I'd be buying 24GB and get an additional 8GB per month free. 32GB should be more than enough, but I have one rouge spawn away at college who claims to have no access to a trusted WiFi spot and his data seems to be increasing by the nanosecond. If I knew I could curb his consumption and no one else would go hog-wild, I would probably jump on that for an extra Benjamin in my pocket each month. Money's tight as it is. $100 savings looks really tempting at the moment....

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Gud, just tell the spawn that they are responsible for any overages. That would be more than fair!
Oh, you better believe I would be telling him that --- and making him accountable, if it ever happened.
I just have those anxious moments from when we went over our texts when the kids were much younger and we had a limited texting. I got hit with a $600 bill once. Yes, I paid it. Some would have gone to Verizon and asked for forgiveness, but it was our fault. House rule #3 -- Make a mess, clean it up.