Verizon Temporarily Adds More Data to Some of Their Plans

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-round-sign.jpg

It seems that the pricing pressure coming from increased competition in the US carrier industry has pushed Verizon to follow suit. Big Red just over the weekend announced that they will temporarily be offering more data to a couple of their More Everything Plans. The $80 plan will now get 10GB of data instead of the previous 6GB, while the $100 plan will now get 15GB instead of 10GB.

Verizon made it clear that it is a temporary promotion, but even existing customers can call-in and get in on this offer. Here's a quote and a link with the details,

Verizon Wireless continues to offer customers more value to support their growing mobile lifestyles.

Starting Saturday, Nov. 1, customers who choose More Everything $80 or $100 plans will now receive even more data. For a limited time, customers will receive 10GB for $80 and 15GB for $100. This isn’t for just new customers either. Existing customers can take advantage of this promotional pricing by visiting My Verizon.

In addition, customers who switch to the nation’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE network and purchase a new 4G LTE smartphone with either a two-year contract or under Verizon’s popular Edge program will now receive a $150 port-in credit.

Verizon’s best ever pricing and port-in credit will be available for a limited time.

Verizon wants all wireless users to know what we know: That a credit, promotion or data plan is only as good as the network it is on.

Source: VZW

anewton

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I got a TXT from them last month offering this (and I took advantage of it).

Are you saying that the special price is temporary? Or just the offer? I asked them specifically when accepting the offer if the price was going to go up unannounced some period of time later (I did the $100 -> 15G upgrade). I thought it was strange that they offered it at no additional cost to my plan, but that I had to explicitly accept it...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The offer is temporary. Once you are on it and the offer is no longer available, you are grandfathered in and will not lose it unless you switch your plan. So they say, anyhow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HNettles

Reaction score
I just did this, not an hour ago. 10 GB ---> 15 GB, same price, $100. You do have to call in and ask for it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We went to the 30 GB plan for $130.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2