Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

DylanAZ

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd droid now.. (first one had call quality issues, the 2nd POS refurbished one had a defective screen the day I got it, and I am currently waiting for the 3rd refurbished one to be shipped today).. I've already *****ed Verizon out quite a bit for sending me a defective phone, but anybody think I have a good chance of being able to upgrade to the X if I called in again?

scf

Reaction score
Went to VZW.com, signed in with my account. Next to my number was "Upgrade available". Clicked on that, and then saw in green that I could upgrade at the discounted price + a $50 credit. Schweet!

So, I found a promocode online for $20 off of an upgrade, went thru the purchase process, final price of $180. Then called because it didn't include the $50 credit, and wondered how that would apply. After some hold time, and the rep "checking with their supervisor" they applied the $50 credit to my account. Final price of the Droid X $130. dancedroid

Once I get it, I'll throw my droid/seidio case/seidio car mount up on Ebay and sell it for over $200. When I'm finished getting new case and car mount, I'll pretty much break even, and have the Droid X.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Went to VZW.com, signed in with my account. Next to my number was "Upgrade available". Clicked on that, and then saw in green that I could upgrade at the discounted price + a $50 credit. Schweet!

So, I found a promocode online for $20 off of an upgrade, went thru the purchase process, final price of $180. Then called because it didn't include the $50 credit, and wondered how that would apply. After some hold time, and the rep "checking with their supervisor" they applied the $50 credit to my account. Final price of the Droid X $130. dancedroid

Once I get it, I'll throw my droid/seidio case/seidio car mount up on Ebay and sell it for over $200. When I'm finished getting new case and car mount, I'll pretty much break even, and have the Droid X.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Congrats SCF!

JasonU

Reaction score
Well, mine showed up a couple of hours ago. It wasn't supposed to ship until 8/4, so it's a bit early. I'm not complaining!

Jer

Reaction score
For those that kept calling, did you get a rep that wanted you to forward the text? If so did you just hang up and keep calling? Wondering if I should send this video to her if that will expedite the process.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
yes just hang up and call back like 30 mins later or right away most likely you wont get the same person again. Also not sure exactly what numbers you tried calling Jer but i had problems with *611 and never got to try the number at the end of the video since i was able to get through using (800) 922-0204 they have the "authority" to make upgrades on accounts lol, thats what they told me along with "dont let your warranty slip out from under you, use it so that you can sell the new/replacement phone"

Xegesis

Reaction score
Here is one benefit I don't get for getting an employee discount(I'm under my sister's name since she works there)....apparently vz employees don't get the upgrade special, I tried calling and that is what the rep said.

Jer

Reaction score
yes just hang up and call back like 30 mins later or right away most likely you wont get the same person again. Also not sure exactly what numbers you tried calling Jer but i had problems with *611 and never got to try the number at the end of the video since i was able to get through using (800) 922-0204 they have the "authority" to make upgrades on accounts lol, thats what they told me along with "dont let your warranty slip out from under you, use it so that you can sell the new/replacement phone"

So you called 800-922-0204 and just kept calling? If a rep wanted you to email or forward anything you just said 'sure, I'll do that right now' hung up and called back?

As to the last part, were they advising you to warranty exchange your used Droid to get a new/refurb model to then sell for more money?

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

So you called 800-922-0204 and just kept calling? If a rep wanted you to email or forward anything you just said 'sure, I'll do that right now' hung up and called back?

As to the last part, were they advising you to warranty exchange your used Droid to get a new/refurb model to then sell for more money?

Yeah thats pretty much what i did with calling, and as for the warranty exchange it was for my wifes phone which was a devour and yes they said that i should not sleep on having the phone on warranty and that i should file a claim with them to send a new devour and than to sell that devour, the person on the phone was great :)

Jer

Reaction score

Yeah thats pretty much what i did with calling, and as for the warranty exchange it was for my wifes phone which was a devour and yes they said that i should not sleep on having the phone on warranty and that i should file a claim with them to send a new devour and than to sell that devour, the person on the phone was great :)

How many calls did it take? Did you ever have a rep read the notes and say 'Looks like here you were supposed to send the message you received' or anything to that effect? What do you say to that?

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

How many calls did it take? Did you ever have a rep read the notes and say 'Looks like here you were supposed to send the message you received' or anything to that effect? What do you say to that?

to that particular 800 number i mentioned it only took one call, i tried *611 like 4 times prior and got nothing to that affect, i never mentioned anything about the video since i hadn't seen it yet i just complained about her phone and how it kept dying and how it wasnt a battery issue since i've tried multiple batteries. just call once or 2 times a day they will let you get it sooner or later, it takes like max 20 mins out of your day.

jmims

Reaction score
Not that it matters to me, since I got my upgrade, but where did the 800-922 number come from? 1-800-437-6133 is the one at the end of the vid message and is the one I used.

Jer

Reaction score
For those that got the video via MMS what file type is the video? MP4? 3GP? Also, filename would be helpful.

07FX4Chick

Reaction score
I didn't get anything and called the number (just now). I told her that I got a text about early upgrade..... and now I am getting the Droid X for the upgrade price and my current upgrade date is 12/5/10. Very nice customer service rep!

She said the X's are shipping this week.