1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrading from x2, what should i get?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by colorchart123, Apr 27, 2012.

1. colorchart123

colorchart123 New Member

Im getting a new phone soon between now and august. I want a new andriod. Any suggestions?
    I want a really good camera, front camera too so i can video chat. Other than that the x2 features are what i like
    Thanks
  2. Insidious

Insidious New Member

HTC Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, and the Droid Razr Maxx are the currently available phones that I can reccomend. As far as leaks go, the Incredible 4g, the galaxy s3, and the Droid fighter are phones to keep your eyes on.
  3. Snoking

Snoking New Member

Rezound has one of the best cameras of the current VZW android phones. And may just be the best current VZW smart phone. May get ICS on May 9th. Extended battery makes it an animal. The Rezound fits in your hand better than most current phones. Size is just about right. Display is fantastic.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  4. colorchart123

colorchart123 New Member

The rezound i hear has a poor camera and poor speakerphone and reception is spotty, true?
  5. Snoking

Snoking New Member

Post a reference to those facts. It has great radios and one of the best cameras. People comment on the speaker. I have not noticed an issue. Bluetooth quality might be an issue. ICS on May 9th might fix any remaining issues.
  6. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

No, not at all. It actually has the best camera of any VZ phone, hands down. I don't have any complaints about the speakerphone either. As far as reception goes, it depends on where your at. I hear it has on of the best radios for 4g. I don't have 4g in my area so I can't say how good that is. As far as the phone goes, I can make calls with zero bars.
  7. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Not at all. The camera, reception, and speakerphone are all very, very good on the Rezound. The camera triumphs any other Android phone on vzw, along with the Antennae.
  8. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

If you were to get one right now, I would go with the RAZR MAXX simply because of the battery life. I would absolutely kill to have that kind of battery life on my current phone (Droid 3) without some sort of massive 3rd party solution that makes my phone into a giant brick.

Also, the form factor is very similar to your X2. :)

As for August? Who know what's going to be available then...rumors are floating around that Verizon might get the Galaxy S3.
  9. colorchart123

colorchart123 New Member

Thanks all. are the keyboards the same on all of these recommendations?
    The only thing I really hate on the dx2 is the spanish button to the left of the space button on the swipe keyboard. Any new phone do not have that key?
    Thanks
Search tags for this page
best phone upgrade from droid x?
best upgrade cell phone from droid x2
best upgrade for droid 2
best upgrade from a droid x2

best upgrade from droid x2

best upgrade with similar functionality of droid x2
droid x2 camera better then droid x
droid x2 upgrade
i have a droid x2 what should i upgrade to now
should i upgrade from a droid x2?