Is the X2 out of date?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by KcChiefs12, Nov 15, 2011.

1. KcChiefs12

KcChiefs12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im due for a new phone and coming from the Orig Droid I want a phone without a keyboard, I found a deal online that lets me upgrade to the X2 for free. I was curious if I should go ahead and get the X2 or will I be left in the dust like I was with the Droid. I have also considered the Rezound and Bionic, I am really liking the rezound but at 230$ and the bionic at 180$ I was leaning toward the X2. Should I buck up and spend the money?

Another thing is I dont have 4G in my area and probably wont for a while. (Montana)

#1 KcChiefs12, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I would say that the X2 should have never been released, go with something newer - you'll be glad you did down the road

3. Heywood

Heywood Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hard to beat free. The X2 won't be left in the dust but it certainly won't be Moto's number one priority.

What do you need from a phone to keep you satisfied? Do you NEED latest and greatest?

We have two X2's in the family among others and the X2's after the last update are solid as rocks. Not to mention the perfect size. Just my two pennies;)

4. KcChiefs12

KcChiefs12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks haha I guess I dont need a phone thats more powerful than my laptop haha.

5. kkinderen

kkinderen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree. The X2 is quirky and I can't wait to move on. If you get it free, how is your contract affected?

6. Heywood

Heywood Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I guess we just ended up with two of the good ones. What quirks does yours have?

7. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +62
    You will still have to sign a new two year contract to get the phone for for free.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

8. kkinderen

kkinderen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A few things... some times the phone doesn't ring when called. Sometimes the battery lasts a day and sometimes it drains in a matter of hours. When I wake up the phone it often stays in 3G and I have to go to settings to get it to recognize wifi. I don't have to do anything, just go to settings.

I had the original Droid which seemed solid, the X which wasn't bad and th Xoom which isn't bad. The X2 just doesn't give the same quality experience.

9. tamlin42

tamlin42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, this is a tough call.
    $200~ for a 4g phone that isn't a 4g phone is ludicrous. are there no $99 options?
    If you're really all about the display, the X2 has a semi-beta version of the PenTile system, and it's the focus of a lot of nitpicky "con" lists.
    The Rezound I guess has a mind-blowing display and beats audio. (IMO Beats audio is all marketing fluff - but never tested it, and not that picky to begin with)
    Have you already disqualified the razr? it's getting generally positive reviews, and will definitely get ICS, which is a major pro in my book. X2 isn't confirmed either way for ICS.
    I got my X2 free due to a generous relative upgrading during a B1G1 promo. no complaints except for battery life, which was great on 2.3.4, but a recent OTA leak to 2.3.5 has ruined it again.

Short answer?
    The X2 is not outdated, but it's not cutting edge, either. it may not get ICS and it has no front-facing camera (which is already/soon becoming required for a smartphone).
    Look up the common issues people have with their X2s, and really run it through the paces once you get your own unit. if it doesn't show any signs of these "quirks", keep it.
    If it does, you can probably talk a VZW rep into waiving your restock fee if you trade up to a razr or similar.
    Ugh..even my short answer went rather long...

10. orionsvantage

orionsvantage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OP, how are you getting $70 off 2yr contract price?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

11. KcChiefs12

KcChiefs12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Amazon

12. shep938

shep938 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if u decide to get the X2 for free, then you are still getting ripped off. The DX2 is a piece of crap! Dont waste your time with this phone. Thats why it is free!

Search tags for this page

date that motorola droid x2

droid x2 outdated

how out of date is motorola droid x2

is the x2 out of date

meaning of x2 as a date