Is the X2 out of date?

mthorn79

Reaction score
Before the Razr came out I was the biggest fan of the way the Droid X/X2 looked, except the physical buttons at the bottom, which is really what kept me from buying it, picky I know but every model I tested at stores those buttons were always sticking. The Razr looks close to the X lineup but even thinner, I can't believe they could get slimmer than the X...and they got rid of those buttons. This thing flies, build quality is great & gets alot of looks, I've had this thing since day 1 & have already gotten two 'What the hell's that'. It's got alot of new features, one major one is the Smart Actions which lets you control the battery usage to help optimize it when its not in use.

Looks like they've come off backorder & it's on sale @ Amazon for $199 ($100 off of Verizon's price) with free shipping. Buck up like you say & go for it, at least you'll have a dual core phone, that'll keep you in the crosshairs of the phone world for awhile. Trust me you won't regret it! Good luck on your decision.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I'm wondering how the Razr is outside a 4G area or an extended area. Just because I've read in other forums and threads of the Tbolt, Charge, Revolution, Bionic and maybe othe 4G LTE devices dropping data in these areas. I've personally expeirenced this with my Droid Charge (Which now collects dust in my closet.) Made me go right back to my X2 which never has data drops. 3G that is obviously. So I just wonder if the Razr has this effect as well. I'll hold out till I read more and wait to see if issues arise. Also with the non-removable battery, that kinda scares me. What if the phone freezes up and nothing you press is working? The only way to get it off would be what? To go to a vzw store? What if you wake up and notice it at 3AM? Stuck! It just sounds crazy in my opinion. Not saying it will happen but you never know, hope it doesn't happen to you but keep us informed how that beast is goin. I've heard good things, but remember it's still new so issues that ever do arrise will be VERY new so with that being known it may be a VERY long time for a fix on one new issue, let alone any other new one every other Razr owner finds. The Charge was supposed to be a Top runner too for the LTE devices but it's still garbage running on a 2.2.1 froyo build. Things goin on almost a half year since an official OTA. It's just in my opinion it's a gamble going with the latest and greatest when so many issues pop up and it takes FOREVER for an update. That being said, again, let us know how the Razr is treating you and Good Luck.

Sent from my DROID X2

Last edited:

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I'm wondering how the Razr is outside a 4G area or an extended area. Just because I've read in other forums and threads of the Tbolt, Charge, Revolution, Bionic and maybe othe 4G LTE devices dropping data in these areas. I've personally expeirenced this with my Droid Charge (Which now collects dust in my closet.) Made me go right back to my X2 which never has data drops. 3G that is obviously. So I just wonder if the Razr has this effect as well. I'll hold out till I read more and wait to see if issues arise. Also with the non-removable battery, that kinda scares me. What if the phone freezes up and nothing you press is working? The only way to get it off would be what? To go to a vzw store? What if you wake up and notice it at 3AM? Stuck! It just sounds crazy in my opinion. Not saying it will happen but you never know, hope it doesn't happen to you but keep us informed how that beast is goin. I've heard good things, but remember it's still new so issues that ever do arrise will be VERY new so with that being known it may be a VERY long time for a fix on one new issue, let alone any other new one every other Razr owner finds. The Charge was supposed to be a Top runner too for the LTE devices but it's still garbage running on a 2.2.1 froyo build. Things goin on almost a half year since an official OTA. It's just in my opinion it's a gamble going with the latest and greatest when so many issues pop up and it takes FOREVER for an update. That being said, again, let us know how the Razr is treating you and Good Luck.

Sent from my DROID X2

There's the cutting edge and the bleeding edge... you have to buy your phone based on your tolerance of either.

The speed of updates has a lot to do with the carrier and the manufacturer. VZW seems to do a decent job pushing updates (as opposed to TMO where I was). Samsung seems to lag longer than Moto or HTC in pushing their updates. I think it has a lot to do with their TouchWiz overlay... the more customization they do, the longer updates seem to take. I like Samsung hardware but I'm not a fan of TouchWiz, or the delay in updates. The Nexus Prime is the only Samsung phone I'd consider, because it will get updates and doesn't have TouchWiz.

With that said, I read that there's an update for the Charge coming out soon to gingerbread.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I hear this too...I kinda wanna wait and see what everyone says of the OTA before I go and re-activate it. Until then my X2 is running strong for now. I would like to see how GB runs on the Charge. Heard great things...we shall see.

Sent from my DROID X2

Kramer5702

Reaction score
Have you tried...

Have you tried tigerdirect.com?! I urge you to check than out, did my upgrade there and they have great customer service and a LOT of free upgrade android phones too. It took me 3 years to leave RIM after they gave me the new torch 9850 but the x2 I have now is worlds beyond any blackberry in my opinion.

droid_x_noob

Reaction score
I had the iphone 4 didn't like it had the original dx and figured i would return the iphone 4 and get the x2 and have had no problems with the x2 at all

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Anythings better then samsung. Saddly just switched back to my charge cuz they're supposed to be receiving GB 2.3.6. Still haven't gotten the OTA but I gotta say, if my issues on this froyo 2.2.1 isn't resolved in this 2.3.6 then I'm goin back to my X2. It's a great phone but I'm curious how my charge will act on GB now...crossin my fingers. But worst comes to worst, got the X2 to fall back on.

sent from my Droid Charge/SCH-I510

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Will the X2 ever get ICS? That will give it some more life.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Will the X2 ever get ICS? That will give it some more life.

That is the $1.28 question(Inflation you know!)??? I like my X2 since the last update took care of my one remaining issue, the phone locking up on charge meaning I had to pull the battery 2-3 times a week to get it working. With a wife that works nights twice a week, it is a decent idea to have a working phone in case of emergency...

I love the phone now and hope it does get ICS. Not the end of the world, but I probably will update to an ICS phone when a reasonable opportunity presents itself if not. We shall see I guess.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I was listening to a pod cast this morning, either Engadget or the Verge. They said that any port of ICS will be actually a skin. Perhaps a version of ICS that runs under the device's skin? Makes you think.