Upgrade help

an21281

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid, and have purchased the X online last night!!!! Stayed up until 1 am when it was finally listed for sale.

I have a question, I couldnt upgrade on my line so my moms line was up for renewal and I used hers... She had a normal phone, so I signed up for the web $29 and insurance. My main question is when I get the phone do I have to connect and register it on her line first then switch it over to mine and change the plan to take off the data on hers or can I just connect it straight to my line? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Take the data off? I'm pretty sure you purchase the phone at a discount in exchange for agreeing to a 2 year commitment to pay for a phone plan and a data plan. This means you can add an extra line, but you still have the commitment of the first one you need to pay for.

OP
A

an21281

Reaction score
Are you sure, this is why I asked this question... I read that you can switch your plan and phone on any account at any time. So if I buy a smartphone and decide I dont want to use it I can just connect a normal phone to the line and change the plan... If anyone has a definite answer I appreciate it!