Verizon Upgrade Q

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by KENMAN_OH_YEAH, Jan 22, 2013.

1. KENMAN_OH_YEAH

KENMAN_OH_YEAH New Member

Hey Guys, im sure this question has been answered in the past, but was unable to locate it in the forums.

I am looking to upgrade my GF's GNEX to a GNOTE II. She has unlimited data currently. My account has 4 lines, 3 with unlimited and 1 with shared (4gb). All 3 unlimited plans have upgrades available.

I would like to keep our unlimited plans for Myself and her. I would like to upgrade the 3rd line (Droid 2) to a GNOTE II. This will upgrade that account to a shared plan.

I would then like to swap the GNOTE II to my Gf's unlimited line, and have the D2 put back onto that 3rd line with the new shared data plan.

I will end up swapping my Bionic (unlimited plan) with her old Gnex.

Is this possible?

I dont want to have to shell out $800 bucks to get her a new phone and would like to utilize amazons $199 upgrade price.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

yep, thatll work. just have to activate once on the line it was purchased on. just be wary with the sim cards - they can only belong to one number, but you shouldnt have any issues with how you described it. ive done this multiple times.
  3. vannDROID

vannDROID Member

Question #2....I want to upgrade from my HTC Incredible 2 to the HTC DNA but I was told I won't be able to keep my unlimited data plan which I thought was grandfathered in no matter which device I switch to. The online service rep told me I had to "upgrade my current plan with the upgrade device".... So I lose my unlimited data plan, which I have had for the past 2 years, by upgrading devices???:frown::frown: Or am I misinterpreting something?
  4. Jxpinc

Jxpinc Member

You have to purchase the phone at full price to keep your unlimited plan. Well worth it in my eyes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. kobe008

kobe008 New Member

Why not keep the unlimited data on your first 3 lines by using the shared data #4 line? Take your upgrade and give it to line #4 and get whatever phone you want and activate it on line #4. Then you can reactive the original phone on line #4 and take your new Gnote2 and activate it on your unlimited line which keeps your unlimited data. Then repeat with the other 2 unlimited lines.
  6. PatG

PatG New Member

That all depends how much data you are using. Personally I average about 1 GB a month but also never saw the need to watch a movie on my phone. So for me economically it makes no sense.

With 4G getting more prevalent and more neat features being offered I may kick myself later. But then again Verizon may just do away with unlimited anyway (That's my guess)
  7. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Active Member

My understanding is that with Amazon, you are not able to switch the phone to a different line for almost 6 months, otherwise they give you a huge fee.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD
  8. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

not sure with amazon, i have never bought a phone from them