***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Awesome man. Glad you finally got it. Congrats!!!!

For some immediate battery savings I would highly recommend getting setcpu and setting a profile up for screen off so when screen if off your max is 245.

jackal2403

Reaction score
i just got done rooting with this process. it told me congrats your rooted now when i go into rom manger and try to install clockwork it tells me "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands". am i still rooted or did i mess up some where??

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
jackal did you download the file via my torrent or another link. What version are you using

on the root.exe right click, properties, details. If its not 1.6.3.2 then you need to download the right version and start with step two again.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
You need to redo steps 2 and 3.

Make sure debug is enabled for each step and that phone is set to charge mode.

Also make sure you have the HTC Sync software installed.

plane_pilot

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy? I tried a few minutes ago and got DL limit exceeded and now I get file is no longer available?

dustoff69

Reaction score
I tried earlier ( about 1400 ) to root, but never made it past step 1. Is that where I should start from .

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Dustoff yes, but before you do. A few things

You need to make sure you have the HTC Sync drivers installed.

VERY IMPRTANT - You need to make sure you have the newest version of the root app downloaded.

You need to make sure Debug is enabled on the phone. Keep in mind that you will have to reenable it every time a reboot happens.

There is a PDF posted on the OP. Make sure you use it as it will imrpve your chances of being successful.

During the process you do not reboot the phone yourself. The root app should do it for you. If it does not, try the step again. If still nothing kill the root.exe process and reopen.

And of course if you have any issues hit this thread up.

plane_pilot

Reaction score
I haven't downloaded any files yet so i want to get the latest files to start the whole process.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yes and the link i provide in the beginning of this thread for the torrent is the latest.

jackal2403

Reaction score
still no good still getting "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!". when trying to install clockword. started at step 2 with updated file.