Easy root for TB now available. Link inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewar

Reaction score
Can someone please post a detailed step by step on how to do this. This is my first HTC phone and i need more detail on how to do this. I have had a D1 and D2 but this is totally different. Thanks.

Kack

Reaction score
Can someone please post a detailed step by step on how to do this. This is my first HTC phone and i need more detail on how to do this. I have had a D1 and D2 but this is totally different. Thanks.

if you dl the files then it will tell you what to do. just dl the adb not needed and you should be good.

brad r

Reaction score
sooo since these methods all basically require you deleting everything on your phone..and putting new rom on..

any way to uhh save stuff on your phone before you do this.. tit backup doesnt work right lol since we arnt rooted ha
Astro has a backup feature but it doesn't work for everything. Better than nothing though, I suppose.

Samckaz

Reaction score

if you dl the files then it will tell you what to do. just dl the adb not needed and you should be good.

I don't wanna scare anybody but I personally wouldn't touch the "current" Eeasyroot method with a 10 foot pole.
On the xda forums lots of people are complaining about getting stuck at one of the three steps and even the author of the hack can't really help out since he dosent even own a TB, hats off to him for his hard work but as of now it's not ready for prime-time.
I wish I had the guts to root my TB the manual way.
I will keep you posted on what happens.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I don't wanna scare anybody but I personally wouldn't touch the "current" Eeasyroot method with a 10 foot pole.
On the xda forums lots of people are complaining about getting stuck at one of the three steps and even the author of the hack can't really help out since he dosent even own a TB, hats off to him for his hard work but as of now it's not ready for prime-time.
I wish I had the guts to root my TB the manual way.
I will keep you posted on what happens.

Ditto.... Look at the poll - most people are having problems with this. I am going to wait for a bit. Its just still too new. I'd love to uninstall the 100+MB golf program and uninstall blockbuster, etc... but I'm going to be super protective of my Thunderbolt :)

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
The hack works fine as long as you have all the tools properly installed and follow the instructions.

But i would aggree your better off doing it the manual step by step way.

BeaverPuncher

Reaction score
Easy root is not bad just gotta pay attention and really go over step 3 a few times . It worked just fine for me bit did have to re do step 3 a few times to get it to take .

The easy root is the same as the manual method just automated to help out, the files are the same .

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Used it last night took me awhile but I did get it to work now I'm rooted and bloated free the only thing is I can't fix permissions in Rom manager?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Leonius

Reaction score
Well it worked fine for me. It's fine but the authors instructions leave something to be desired.

champaned_out

Reaction score
everything went smoothly for me... literally only had to click 3 buttons on the easy root program and a few buttons on the phone itself to root... took a total of 15-20min

a little off topic but now that i have clockwork recovery installed, everytime i reboot into clockwork recovery, it boots me into the white screen with the bootloader option... anyone know how to get it to boot into clockwork?
also how do we get rid of the bloatware once we've rooted? im scared to touch anything without instructions since im still getting familar with this whole process

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Then your not fully rooted yet. Go to the thread at xda. Several folks had this issue, including me. You have to do several steps manually with adb.

Your not seeing cwm because its not installed. Check ROM manager and try to install. If it fails then the above is correct.

BeaverPuncher

Reaction score
everything went smoothly for me... literally only had to click 3 buttons on the easy root program and a few buttons on the phone itself to root... took a total of 15-20min

a little off topic but now that i have clockwork recovery installed, everytime i reboot into clockwork recovery, it boots me into the white screen with the bootloader option... anyone know how to get it to boot into clockwork?
also how do we get rid of the bloatware once we've rooted? im scared to touch anything without instructions since im still getting familar with this whole process

Root explorer will let you get rid of the bloatware .apks

jawa6969

Reaction score

Root explorer will let you get rid of the bloatware .apks

I have read elsewhere but it has been suggested to rename the bloatware files in lieu of deleting them.

champaned_out

Reaction score
Well I was able to install cwm it never failed I also have setcpu with profiles setup and have the wireless tether app from the market, tested and working but ill hop over to the xda forums and see what's going on

dtt255

Reaction score
Anyone know if using Astro for a basic backup and restore works well?

Status
Not open for further replies.