***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
No dont manually reboot. Unplug the phone from USB make sure its set to debug mode and plug back in and hit step 3 again

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Hey hog owner, just read your PM, yes turn the phone back on.

To see if your rooted check your app drawer for Rom manager. Go into it and try to run the fix permissions command and see if runs. Should get a pop up from super user if you do hit allow. This will mean your rooted. Let me know.

hogowner

Reaction score
No dont manually reboot. Unplug the phone from USB make sure its set to debug mode and plug back in and hit step 3 again

phone is off....it never rebooted...I have to turn it on...should I just turn it on and see if I am rooted?

what is the best way to tell if I am rooted?

hogowner

Reaction score

phone is off....it never rebooted...I have to turn it on...should I just turn it on and see if I am rooted?

what is the best way to tell if I am rooted?

I AM ROOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rom manger ask me for permission :)

should I flash clockwork recovery???

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
I would flash clock work if it doesnt show your already on it. And congrats on getting it rooted!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Now you have to get you one of those awesome roms that are out. I am personally running Lightning by Chingy. Runs great. Also if you want some amazing battery life I would put set CPU on it. You cant overclock yet but you can set up a profile in it that throtlles it down to 245 when the screen is off. I did this and have gained a huge amount on my battery. I also have jusice defender installed. I unplugged my phone this morning @ 9:30 AM. Its now midnight and my battery is @ 48%. Going to let it run tomorrow till it dies so I can get a good memory built on it.

hogowner

Reaction score
I can not run clockwork..it says an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands....maybe I am not rooted?

I even click on fix permissions and still get the same error message

EDIT::going to try rebooting.....will let you know

Last edited:

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
I can not run clockwork..it says an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands....maybe I am not rooted?

Same issue here man . I am so confused

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Nope your both not completely rooted.

You both need to use the root.exe again, starting with step 2.

hogowner

Reaction score
Nope your both not completely rooted.

You both need to use the root.exe again, starting with step 2.

with step 2 or start from the beginning.....when I tried step 2....it said device offline...and I had debugging on mmmmmmm

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
You def dont want to do 1 again. You have to start with 2. Im getting ready to hit the sack. But if you head over to the thread ive linked to in the OP you should be able to find support for you issue man. Im sorry but im exhausted.

Good luck. Dont freak out, your pretty much one step from being completely rooted and at this point the state your in isnt going to hurt anything.

hogowner

Reaction score
You def dont want to do 1 again. You have to start with 2. Im getting ready to hit the sack. But if you head over to the thread ive linked to in the OP you should be able to find support for you issue man. Im sorry but im exhausted.

Good luck. Dont freak out, your pretty much one step from being completely rooted and at this point the state your in isnt going to hurt anything.
I can't post a question in the XDA forum...figures.....when it rains it pours LOL

hogowner

Reaction score

I can't post a question in the XDA forum...figures.....when it rains it pours LOL

RAN STEP 2 AND 3 AGAIN AND i AM NOW ROOTED ROM MANAGER ASKED ME FOR SUPER USER PERMISSION! WHOO HOO!!:icon_ banana:

not to set up the phone again LOL thanks cnmsales!!

they should make you are moderator!!

hogowner

Reaction score
How do you delete the apps that came with the TB...the bloatware?

Thanks