[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

shusa68

Reaction score
Fantastic utility!!! So easy to use. I had 1 glitch, but it was my doing, re-installed the drivers & it worked great. Thanks again for all your hard work on this. My only complaint.... I wanted to send you a few beers but your donate link doesn't work :blink:

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Fantastic utility!!! So easy to use. I had 1 glitch, but it was my doing, re-installed the drivers & it worked great. Thanks again for all your hard work on this. My only complaint.... I wanted to send you a few beers but your donate link doesn't work :blink:
Glad it worked out for ya!

Thanks for pointing out it was broken...fixed now :D

reallyneatgirl

Reaction score
Matt, I have a question about your latest update. Does it erase internal memory as well? I know that 1.40 did, and 1.41 did not, so if you had one of a few problems that required an internal erase, you have to use the "older model". Just wondered if I should save my copy of 1.40 or if the new one erases all as well. Thanks!

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Matt, I have a question about your latest update. Does it erase internal memory as well? I know that 1.40 did, and 1.41 did not, so if you had one of a few problems that required an internal erase, you have to use the "older model". Just wondered if I should save my copy of 1.40 or if the new one erases all as well. Thanks!
It flashes emstorage.img (Internal storage) and could mean losing internal storage you haven't backed up.

You can remove the line in the .bat that flashes emstorage.img but if you can't activate your phone you know why ;)

reallyneatgirl

Reaction score
Dang you are fast!

Good to know and of course I back up!!! but in all, I don't need to keep that 1.40 floating around. (I has a radio issue that required an internal erase once). I would prefer the internal erase, personally.

Thank you very much for the quick answer :) This gave me a reason to unlurk, lol.

joshspda

Reaction score
I have a quick question. I am going back to stock using option no. 1. But the program on the pc seems to be stuck on Erasing 'Cache'. It has been on that step for about 15 min now.

What should I do? I don't want to close the program.

Thank you,
Josh

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have a quick question. I am going back to stock using option no. 1. But the program on the pc seems to be stuck on Erasing 'Cache'. It has been on that step for about 15 min now.

What should I do? I don't want to close the program.

Thank you,
Josh
Close the program.
If your battery is low charge it to 75% of more.

Stop all background processes, reboot the phone into AP again, and try the utility again. It needs enough Ram to run, do other things, etc.

joshspda

Reaction score
Close the program.
If your battery is low charge it to 75% of more.

Stop all background processes, reboot the phone into AP again, and try the utility again. It needs enough Ram to run, do other things, etc.

Thank you, Ill give the reboot process a try. The battery was at 91% when I started about a 45 min ago. I really appreciate the fast reply!!

EDIT: That worked! Thank you very much! Hope you have a great night!

Last edited:

Terrigno

Reaction score
I would suggest fixing the directions a bit. I had to try and do this 4 times. The first 3 times it wouldnt work on my PC. Then I had to move the program onto a flash drive and do it from my laptop. I was almost thinking I had a paperweight! lol Thanks for an awesome program though!

b419kid

Reaction score
Droid Razr Maxx

Hello everyone,
Recently purchased a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. Should be here in a couple of days. I just had a couple of questions about this utility; I apologize in advance if they have been answered previously:

1) Can this utility root the Razr Maxx?
2) If my phone became unbootable or soft-bricked (in terms of software), will this option [Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this] fix that type of issue? I would be very grateful if someone could explain in depth what this restore does and how to enter "AP Fastboot Mode".

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob-ish questions. Just trying to learn more about the rooting scene on android.

--|3/<

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello everyone,
Recently purchased a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. Should be here in a couple of days. I just had a couple of questions about this utility; I apologize in advance if they have been answered previously:

1) Can this utility root the Razr Maxx?
2) If my phone became unbootable or soft-bricked (in terms of software), will this option [Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this] fix that type of issue? I would be very grateful if someone could explain in depth what this restore does and how to enter "AP Fastboot Mode".

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob-ish questions. Just trying to learn more about the rooting scene on android.

--|3/<

1, yes
2, yes
AP.Fastboot is reached by fours powering off the phone, then holding both volume buttons and pressing the power button at the same time. Once in the Boot Mode Selection Menu, press volume down twice to highlight AP Fastboot, then press volume up to select.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

b419kid

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response. Just two more questions:

1) Once I am rooted, what recovery software do I want to use~safestrap or bootstrap?

2) Also, will these recovery systems always be accessible if android cannot boot? Is there any situation where the phone will be truly software-bricked?

Thanks in advance
--|3/<

[QUESTIONS EDITED A FEW TIMES]

Last edited: