[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

Papa_T

Reaction score
I'm trying to restore my phone back to Gingerbread after rooting and flashing with Eclipse. Trying to run the utility from the OP. Two problems I can't seem to get past. First, when I try to run in AP Fastboot, it just tells me it's in that mode, but I can't get off that screen without turning the phone off. I assume once it reboots, its going back into normal mode, if you will. Secondly I went ahead with the utility and all I get is "System can not find the path specified".

So, what am I doing wrong here. Sounds like the program works, I just can't seem to make it work.

Help please...

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Does the restore to 173 wipe the phone? Will I need to reinstall all apps and settings from scratch?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm trying to restore my phone back to Gingerbread after rooting and flashing with Eclipse. Trying to run the utility from the OP. Two problems I can't seem to get past. First, when I try to run in AP Fastboot, it just tells me it's in that mode, but I can't get off that screen without turning the phone off. I assume once it reboots, its going back into normal mode, if you will. Secondly I went ahead with the utility and all I get is "System can not find the path specified".

So, what am I doing wrong here. Sounds like the program works, I just can't seem to make it work.

Help please...
Make sure you have downloaded the utility and extracted/installed it on something other than the C:\...the utility needs to be extracted into a separate folder. Just select the .bat file and run it. You have to be in AP fastboot mode to run the return to .173 option. Power off your phone. Reboot by holding down the volume up and down keys while also holding down the power button. You should boot into a black screen with white lettering. Scroll down to AP Fastboot by using the volume down button and selecting with the volume up botton.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Does the restore to 173 wipe the phone? Will I need to reinstall all apps and settings from scratch?
Yep...but look at it this way...you'll have a nice clean OS and freshly installed apps. If you've backed up to google, google will refresh your apps automatically...well most apps anyway.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
SnoDrtRider said:
I have the utility in a C:\ folder and have used it with no problem... what issues have happened when place in a C:\ folder?

I am not sure but it may get confused with other files stored there causing malfunctions if extraction places all files loose there. But if its actually all tidy in its own folder under c: it should be fine.
I always just place a folder on desktop then extract to there.

My only guess .. :)

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I had to sleep on this...

By the utility being on your computer it will always be on the C:\ drive if your hard drive is is named C as most computers are unless you have multiple hard drives.

Even if you place the utility in a separate desktop folder the address of that file would be C:\Users\(user name)\Desktop\(Folder Name)\(Utility Name) so actually you cannot place the utility in a folder that does not contain C:\ as part of it's address on your machine unless it is on another drive like and external HD, USB Storage, SD Card, Etc.

Reaction score
So all I have to do to get back to stock is run this in AP Fastboot Mode? I want it back to how it was when it was shipped. Are these the steps:

1) Download the utility
2) Power phone on in AP Fastboot
3) Select option (x)
4) Done????

Last edited:

Shade2193

Reaction score
Im following the direction as best as I can to restore the phone, however, all the file says after pushing the keys is "waiting for device" and it just hangs there...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are u using the USB that came with the phone... its real picky when it comes to data transfers..

Did the PC recognize the phone prior to this?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I had to sleep on this...

By the utility being on your computer it will always be on the C:\ drive if your hard drive is is named C as most computers are unless you have multiple hard drives.

Even if you place the utility in a separate desktop folder the address of that file would be C:\Users\(user name)\Desktop\(Folder Name)\(Utility Name) so actually you cannot place the utility in a folder that does not contain C:\ as part of it's address on your machine unless it is on another drive like and external HD, USB Storage, SD Card, Etc.

I was thinking the same thing lol :blink:

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
Do I need to clear the cache? And if so, how? And when I boot to the screen menu, I just have to highlight AP Fastboot, and press up and I'm good to go?? Or do I need to do something else? I'm so confused... Can someone please give me detailed instructions as if you're talking to a slow person please lol... I dont want you **** up my phone.