[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

yaterml

Reaction score
Mirror's For 1.4/1.42

Does anyone know of a mirror for 1.4/1.42 that is currently working Goo freezes during download and Mediafire link is dead (insufficient resources)? Thank you.

techdude0912

Reaction score
lost wireless data

All
I just used the option 1 restore feature on the Razr Maxx and what I have discovered is now I have lost my wireless data, but I can still use phone to place calls

things tried:
1.rebooting phone
2.put in airplane mode for 3 minutes
I am curious if anyone has seen this before.... Thanks for the Help

Kimo91

Reaction score
OK quick stupid question: how do I set up my phone to use this utility program? Do i just have to plug my phone into the computer or do i have to do some kind of button combination and select something before hooking my phone to the comp? The reason I ask is that I just got my replacement Razr today and its already on .173 out of the box. Thanks in advance.

Sent from the Sith powered and rooted Motor DROID RAZR

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You just plug your phone in with it turned on as normal, make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer of course. And you need to have USB debugging turned on, and when you plug your phone in you choose PC Mode I believe.

Kimo91

Reaction score
K maybe I'm stupid but I have drivers installed and it won't root keep getting cannot find device message. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You are using the latest version correct? I can go grab a cable and double check that it is supposed to be on PC Mode I could be wrong on that. Have you tried other modes to see if it finds the phone?

Kimo91

Reaction score
I fixed one problem but now I keep seeing "cannot copy, read only" message or sometthing like that

Kimo91

Reaction score
You are using the latest version correct? I can go grab a cable and double check that it is supposed to be on PC Mode I could be wrong on that. Have you tried other modes to see if it finds the phone?

Yeah I forgot to extract the file to my desktop and it finally found it but keep geting that stupid "read only" messages when it tries to download files to the phone

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man not sure on that one. Maybe try and download the latest version again, redownload the drivers from the main page, open the Razr Utility again (Run As Admin) just in case, put the phone in charge only mode, and try again (again make sure USB debugging is turned on).

Kimo91

Reaction score
Oh yeah I toggled the debugging mode to make sure it was on.... .173 is a nightmare to root

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man I plugged my Maxx in when I received it replacing my OG Razr and it rooted right away and rebooted and I was done. I am not sure what is causing your issue, and you are sure you are using the latest one? The 1.40 and has the #2 option for Droid Root for 2.3.6 <motofail>?

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
this is amazing

totally messed up my phone last night playing with this and trying to flash an ICS rom

now I think I restored my phone back to normal

gonna root it again and this time not flash any ICS until it is stable

Kimo91

Reaction score
Man I plugged my Maxx in when I received it replacing my OG Razr and it rooted right away and rebooted and I was done. I am not sure what is causing your issue, and you are sure you are using the latest one? The 1.40 and has the #2 option for Droid Root for 2.3.6 <motofail>?

yeah i'm using 1.4, but i'm redownloading the file and hopefully it'll fix the issues i'm having trying to root my Razr

Kimo91

Reaction score
OK I'm a dumbarse....it was user error I forgot to extract all files from the start...my RAZR is now rooted and all is good in the world again LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk