(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

Monkey74

Reaction score
Looks nice!!!

The new Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 looks nice and is fast. However, I like the icons form v1.1 better, any way to get them back?? a2sd is native, no need to run the command (I love that) and still missing the bouncing effect, any updates on that????

Thanks again JRummy, and please don't forget the FCBarcelona theme :)

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
more officeal release w/ all themes, couple fixes, and more features coming this week.. maybe friday

Monkey74

Reaction score
JRummy, another one for you. After turning off usb mode, the widgets won't load. Could it be because I'm running it on the SD card?

I'll give you more updates as they come.

Thanks

hardkohr

Reaction score
Hey, I just installed Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4. When I go into manage apps, the button is there to move to SD, but it is grayed out for all apps. What am I missing?
Thanks for all your help in advance.

Nobody has any suggestions?

Monkey74

Reaction score
Your not missing anything, it does it by default. If you got to apps/manage apps, look under sd card, they should be there. If the apps where installed on your phone and you didn't do a data wipe, move them manually.

hardkohr

Reaction score
The only thing listed under on SD card is Google maps. I am unable to move any other apps to the card.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

hardkohr

Reaction score
Hey, I just installed Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4. When I go into manage apps, the button is there to move to SD, but it is grayed out for all apps. What am I missing?
Thanks for all your help in advance.

Nobody has any suggestions?

FYI tho not all apps can be on the sdcard. Here is a link tho tha twill assist in forcing things to the sdcard

Enable Full Apps 2 SD for Froyo

I tried that and it just gives me the message:
/data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettermpro/bin/sh: pm: not found

EbE404

Reaction score
OK, just installed to take for a test spin:

• Flashed with SPRecovery
  • Running with P3 1000 LV Froyo Kernel
  • Wiped cache, but did NOT do full system reset
  • Sweeter Home build 825 for launcher/homescreen
  • SetCPU V2.0, 1000/500

Everything went just fine with the install and is running smoothly. It did make me realize how much I miss the themed elements with the SH layout (not to put any pressure on you, Jrummy-just complimenting your work with the Red theme).

Just a few points I checked:

• Market-no problems. Everything's there and it's quick.
  • Maps-No problems. Synced right up, found my location and tracks fine.
  • WiFi-Works fine in connecting to a accesspoint, but each time I do that, it seems to turn on the Froyo tethering app. Haven't heard anybody report that yet, so I'll dig some more. I can connect to the internet and network just fine, but I have a constant notification to turn on the tethering.
  • Facebook app and widget-no problem, both work fine and normally.
  • 3G and general CDMA service-normal and working.
  • Have not tested any scripts yet, but I'll try to poke around with a few of those as I have time.
  • Sweeter Home seems to be having some issues in handling certain widgets that do not have a continuously running data connection (something like Facebook or SetCPU work fine, but things like Beautiful Silent doesn't work and Beautiful WiFi will only work for a few minutes after activating/deactivating WiFi through Settings but then freezes again), and the acore process FCs every time I try to open a contact shortcut, but I think those issues are related to SH and not the ROM.

I'll have to give it some time to see how it runs in the long term, but most of the critical things for me seem to be solid so far. Big thanks to Jrummy for the great build and Canvs2321 for the excellent script GUI (the new version looks excellent).

superglen99

Reaction score
Noob question how do I set the sd card to NOT auto mount when I plug into a pc? Kinda annoying when I wanna usb tether I have to turn off usb every time before I tether. Kangerade v1.0. Thanks

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You mean that you don't have to turn on USB at the android window? Once you plug it in, it will say connected but all it can do at that time is charge or you and do adb.... The first time you plugged it into your PC, what did you set the PC to do? I have mine set to do nothing.. also, in the right corner of your taskbar you will probably see a motorola icon, right click that and select at launch to do nothing....

hope this helps....

superglen99

Reaction score
nope none of that helps lol. I didn't do anything. When I plug the phone into pc it says usb storage turned on in the notification bar and the open files window pops up on the pc. I want to simply plug the phone in WITHOUT it mounting to use it to tether. There is no motorola logo in the botton right or anywhere for that matter.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
nope none of that helps lol. I didn't do anything. When I plug the phone into pc it says usb storage turned on in the notification bar and the open files window pops up on the pc. I want to simply plug the phone in WITHOUT it mounting to use it to tether. There is no motorola logo in the botton right or anywhere for that matter.

Do you have doubletwist installed on the phone?

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Well it happens to me and it's caused by doubletwist. To fix this you can open up DT and hit the menu key..settings..uncheck Auto USB drive. You should be good after that. If not reboot you phone.