(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

CKyle22

Reaction score
Does *anyone* else have weak wifi signal issues? No matter *what* version of Froyo I try, I always have the weakest signal ever. If I switch to an Eclair ROM, everything is fine with my Wifi.

Retribution

Reaction score
Does *anyone* else have weak wifi signal issues? No matter *what* version of Froyo I try, I always have the weakest signal ever. If I switch to an Eclair ROM, everything is fine with my Wifi.

do you really have weak wifi signal or does the display just say you do? I have had a issue with the wifi icon in the notification bar showing pretty much no signal but everything works fast, when I go into my wifi settings it shows I have 2 out of 3 bars even though my notification bars showing me 0.

I would use speedtest app to verify but it keeps FCing on me

CKyle22

Reaction score

do you really have weak wifi signal or does the display just say you do? I have had a issue with the wifi icon in the notification bar showing pretty much no signal but everything works fast, when I go into my wifi settings it shows I have 2 out of 3 bars even though my notification bars showing me 0.

Both the settings and the notification bar show 0 bars, but it still works fast as always. The thing is sometimes the connection drops.

Retribution

Reaction score

Both the settings and the notification bar show 0 bars, but it still works fast as always. The thing is sometimes the connection drops.

I did have the connection drop on me once, tbh I live in San Diego and 3g coverage is everywhere and pretty fast so I rarely use wifi a. pure speculation since I have no idea how the phone actually work but it seems the actual signal strength is being reported incorrectly so the phone decides to drop it for 3g but before it makes the switch it picks up the wifi signal again, I could be way off on that but it makes sense in my head.

Retribution

Reaction score
OK my experiences with the rom. I wiped data and cash, installed with sp recovery. installed smoothly signed into my google account let it sit and re-download all my apps etc it all went very smoothly.

Issues I have experienced:

Wifi doesnt report its signal strength accurately.

Once when turning off wifi phone would not switch back to 3g, had to reboot, have not been able to replicate again.

Speedtest.com app forcecloses, probably incompatibility with 2.2

1 force close on quadrant, used it a few times after no other force closes

Google search widget seems to lock up on me from time to time, just for a few seconds but annoying.

This may be because it was originally intended for the n1 but I like to be able to rotate in apps and the browser but not my home screens, this is no longer an option in display menu. Also not really a issue but you can rotate the phone so the sliding keyboard is update down when the kb is closed anyhow.

Dorid x multi touch keyboard doenst work, I know it was meant for 2.1 but still sad, its ok though I still have swype yay.

Speaking of swype, doesnt seem to work as smoothly as it does in kamgerade 1.0 (never switched to 1.1 I was happy where I was)

Cant hide notification bar, ok fine not a real issue but I really wish there was a easy way to do it without installing a alternate home or launcher.

Droid neural network lwp doesnt work, force closes, all other lwps work

thats all I can really remember, its late brain not fully functional, will add more if I come across anything

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Will this ROM be deodexed and have the transparency issue fixed for the final release??

jearl75

Reaction score
anyone else having 3g issues? If I start wifi and then turn it off 3g wont return til I reboot the phone, weird.

also I cant seem to add custom notications like I could with 2.1, been using mabilo, anyone know of a good alternate method?

I'm also having 3G issues, I have 3G for about 10 minutes or so after reboot then it's gone. Only thing I can do at that point is make calls or text, here's what i've tried.......

Reboot......works for about 10 min still
wipe and Flash a rom from backup...........same issues
wipe and flash a new rom............same issues
flash the current radios...........same issues
recently have wiped and reflashed this rom.........so far no issues

Not sure what's going on, this all started happening when I flashed the FRF84B. Not sure why, but that was the starting point for me. Anyone have any ideas?

atticus

Reaction score
Ok I have a small problem.I nandroid my setup and installed update(did a wipe) from sd as ROM like normal.Everything loaded up market restored all my apps.I have a kernel or two on my SD so I flash clockwork and reboot to recovery to install kernel and it don't go to recovery it takes a while then just restarts normal boot up before I even picked kernel.Well here is where the fun starts.It is in a constant eye boot loop and nothing I have tried will get it to go.I have pulled battery and SD and rebooted while holding power and X nothing.I can not get it to reboot past that area.Any ideas?

I had an issue like this about two weeks ago.. for no results. I tries to flash over to the newest onix ron ...whenever I tried to access recovery it would just stay on the "M". Then if I just wanted to start it up, it would stay on the eye ....forever. it would do a small vibrate and the screen would dim out. Nothing. So I unfortunately had to get a new phone... if you find a fix to this I'd love to know what it is. Good luck. Sry i couldn't be of more help.

hardkohr

Reaction score
Hey, I just installed Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4. When I go into manage apps, the button is there to move to SD, but it is grayed out for all apps. What am I missing?
Thanks for all your help in advance.

area52

Reaction score
Anyone else missing the voice dialer app and bluetooth dialing or is it just mine? Wondering off I need to reinstall.

jearl75

Reaction score
anyone else having 3g issues? If I start wifi and then turn it off 3g wont return til I reboot the phone, weird.

also I cant seem to add custom notications like I could with 2.1, been using mabilo, anyone know of a good alternate method?

I'm also having 3G issues, I have 3G for about 10 minutes or so after reboot then it's gone. Only thing I can do at that point is make calls or text, here's what i've tried.......

Reboot......works for about 10 min still
wipe and Flash a rom from backup...........same issues
wipe and flash a new rom............same issues
flash the current radios...........same issues
recently have wiped and reflashed this rom.........so far no issues

Not sure what's going on, this all started happening when I flashed the FRF84B. Not sure why, but that was the starting point for me. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, a wipe and re-flash seemed to fix it.

I cannot add a facebook account, so facebook sync isn't working for me. Not sure why since it was fixed, other than that it's great. Thanks JRummy16

spiff72

Reaction score
does this ROM fix the pink camera issues?

You have the pink camera problem too? I have noticed that there is either a pink blob or a green blob in the images - depends on the type of lighting (natural vs fluorescent, for example).

I actually returned my phone for a different one (refurb via phone support), and the issue was the same - so if this is a 1 in 1000 problem - i must have REALLY bad luck!)...

Retribution

Reaction score
OK my experiences with the rom. I wiped data and cash, installed with sp recovery. installed smoothly signed into my google account let it sit and re-download all my apps etc it all went very smoothly.

Issues I have experienced:

Wifi doesnt report its signal strength accurately.

Once when turning off wifi phone would not switch back to 3g, had to reboot, have not been able to replicate again.

Speedtest.com app forcecloses, probably incompatibility with 2.2

1 force close on quadrant, used it a few times after no other force closes

Google search widget seems to lock up on me from time to time, just for a few seconds but annoying.

This may be because it was originally intended for the n1 but I like to be able to rotate in apps and the browser but not my home screens, this is no longer an option in display menu. Also not really a issue but you can rotate the phone so the sliding keyboard is update down when the kb is closed anyhow.

Dorid x multi touch keyboard doenst work, I know it was meant for 2.1 but still sad, its ok though I still have swype yay.

Speaking of swype, doesnt seem to work as smoothly as it does in kamgerade 1.0 (never switched to 1.1 I was happy where I was)

Cant hide notification bar, ok fine not a real issue but I really wish there was a easy way to do it without installing a alternate home or launcher.

Droid neural network lwp doesnt work, force closes, all other lwps work

thats all I can really remember, its late brain not fully functional, will add more if I come across anything

To update this a bit, I cant turn off the auto rotation, which drives me nuts.

Location based services that I have set to network only don't update my location, occasionally this causes forcecloses (most notably open table) gps works fine.

gonzo319

Reaction score
one thing that I have notice on all of the 2.2 ROMs is that you can't connect to multiple wi-fi networks. I have bbv.4 and thought that maybe because it was written from source code it would fix the issue...hummm....hopefully this issue will get fixed in the future. But great job JRUMM on the ROM you guys are awesome.