Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

zero7404

Reaction score
i didn't have a look at all the icons. i had sp recovery, so i allowed the install, then installed, then did a factory restore. before i did the factory restore i booted the phone a few times to make sure it worked fine. also booted a few times after the restore to make sure it started the activation routine.

i figure the su icon would be gone since this is a full rom. the phone did get a notification to update to FRG83D, but i left it alone so that the new owner can take care of it.

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
guess it's okay to flash back to stock Google image from my CyanogenMod 6.1.0 FRG22D then?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
so are we confirming this still works even if people have updated to frg83d?? That would be awesome if it did. I have linked people to this thread no less than 50 times.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I thought superoneclick had a mac version...

Anyway, I have someone working on downgrading right now from stock recovery TO root, so if that works we'll know the reverse is true.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Probably can be had, for a price... ;)

Start a new thread and PM me with the link. This thread needs to stay on topic. I'll assist as soon as I get the PM. Put as much information as you can when you do, please.

gwhesser

Reaction score
Can't get the unroot to work

I have a rooted D1 with stock 2.2 image. Using SP Recovery. Followed process as described on page 1. Getting message: E:update.zip install blocked. Installation aborted.
The yellow progress bar goes to about 25%, then stops. I left it alone for almost an hour, but nothing further.
Can anyone help?