SBF to root and to unroot

gbouten

Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. It's talking about installing SP Recovery and that there may be a problem if you have 2.2
Either don't boot up into the phone, and have the update.zip preloaded on your phone, or boot into SPRecovery and use its "mount" function to connect to your PC to get the update.zip onto the root of your card, and then update your phone that way.

If you dont boot into the phone than the only other choice is to use SP Recovery.
They both seem to be saying the same thing. Is this a typo error. I had to unroot my phone as it kept give me the Over the Air update every few days. I'm waiting to get the next OTA and then want to root again, but now I have 2.2 on my phone.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really am not sure what you are saying or asking.

There are three options to boot your droid. Bootloader, recovery or normal.

To flash an sbf you need to be in the bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gbouten

Reaction score
This line here

Either don't boot up into the phone, and have the update.zip preloaded on your phone

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok. That is only if you are trying to flash ese81 file. Which you shouldn't be doing. You can sbf back to stock with a frg22d full file which you don't have to worry about an incorrect kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gbouten

Reaction score
Ok, just so you understand what I'm doing. When I first purchased my phone it was stock 2.1 I then a rooted to a 2.2 phone. I unrooted due to OTA problems. I know have a stock unrooted 2.2 phone. I now want to go back and put SBrecovery back on. The last time I did this I only time I recall having to use the Dpad up key was when I first conntectd to use RSD lite. Im re reading this and I see there is a place in the instructions where I have to do this a 2nd time during the install. Is this a change due to I'm now doing this from a 2.2. phone instead of a 2.1 phone. I hope I'm making sense here.

Delaney64

Reaction score
Is there any way to update the files using terminal emulate? My phone is in bad condition. The recoveries do not show up on mu screen. I can connect to the RSD but I cannot see anything on the phone. The only thing the phone does is reboot on the home screen.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
There are several things this guide tells you how to do Root, unroot, etc. with different box options. Please tell us which box option you're working with and where exactly it's failing.

thank you

tmoney339

Reaction score
ok so i cannot get my phone to show up in the rsd... i have tried going to the options and nothing happens... what show i try next?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I am sure you ahve installed the correct drivers, right?

iamlost87

Reaction score
If I use the SBF, does it replace SP Recovery with the stock recovery?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Complete restores to factory 2.2 out of box condition.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

PhillJ

Reaction score
Trying to go back to original but the FRG22d sbf is not working.

PhillJ

Reaction score
A little more information. How is it not working? Is RSD Lite 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, or 4.9 not flashing it on or what?

Sorry about that. My computer is saying that the "archive is either damaged or in unknown format." This is the SBF that I downloaded from that site on the beginning of this thread.

My phone is showing up in RSD and everything. The sbf file is not showing up in the ... box because the zipped sbf file is not working.