Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

PhillJ

Reaction score
Okay, let me give you another link to see if it helps you. :)

http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

Another option if you have a non-stock recovery is to do a factory reset, flash the FRG81B master OTA update, and then update manually (or not, depending on your intent with the non-rooted, now-stock phone).

Thank you so much. I ended up doing the other option. Crazy thing is that I had to do all of this with my screen completely black. I have my new Droid so I can gauge where i need to touch. I got my other one wet and the screen went out. I gotta send this old one back but I didn't want to send it back rooted.

muad

Reaction score

http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

Another option if you have a non-stock recovery is to do a factory reset, flash the FRG81B master OTA update, and then update manually (or not, depending on your intent with the non-rooted, now-stock phone).

Thank you for posting this link. The link in the OP for "option 05" is not working, so I wasn't able to get the sbf. I used the above sbf, and now my D1 is back to stock for my Mom (she would not be able to handle a rooted phone, LOL).

So, instead of returning to 2.0.1, when she activates this D1 it will already have the OTA Froyo up on it? She'll still get a few new updates right, or is this GTG (good to go)?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
FRG22D, which is current enough it should update. If you want it updated to the absolute latest then I can provide a link or two for the update packages; just manually install them.

glacieredlightning

Reaction score
FRG22D, which is current enough it should update. If you want it updated to the absolute latest then I can provide a link or two for the update packages; just manually install them.

That would be great :)

Reason:
Dropped the phone and have a cracked body. Taking it back to Verizon for a new phone.

Plan of action:
Using the SBF file from the top of the page use RSD Lite to flash the phone back to the stock Image and get a new phone from verizon.

Obtained:
Latest Motorola drivers
SBF (got it from the link that you posted at the top of this page).

Question:
Is that all I need to flash the phone back to the stock image or do I need something else. Is the plan of action a good plan or am I missing some steps?

Problem:

none as of now, but that could change, hopefully not :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
There is an FRG83D/2.2.1 .sbf file out and about these days, 'cough', 'cough', 'cough'.

Jaycea22

Reaction score

I just wanted to say thank you for this. My droid screen started going crazy and started opening applications and "ghost" typing. I had to revert back to stock and your instructions were flawless! :icon_ banana:

dfulwood50

Reaction score
rsd lite is not recognize my droid 1 so i can flash the unroot link on this page. help please need to drop phone in fedx box this morning.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'd ask why you waited so long to put it back to stock, but that's beside the point. :)

If you're running a custom recovery and can boot into recovery I can link you to a file that, along with two factory resets, should clear your phone up enough to not nail you for $500.

beatle

Reaction score
http://bit.ly/gMigiv SBF

http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/OEM/signed-voles-FRG83G-ota.zip Master OTA FRG83G file, will update practically anything to FRG83G. Use the SBF first to clear out the SU icon without having to manually do it.

Thanks for your help here. Since the OP stock links don't work I just want to double check that the FRG22D you provided a page back is the one I can use to get back to stock, and then let the OTA's update to latest?

Also, is the FRG83D you provided above the same thing but a newer stock I can use instead? If so, do I need to then use the FRG83G-ota.zip to update, or will the FRG83D.sbf ota update on it's own?

(I'm just trying to find the file I need to get back to stock.)

Thanks again!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The full ota should get you back to stock. Normally it is a 77-80MB file.

Otherwise the sbf will do the same but will wipe msgs and the like.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

DROIDsys

Reaction score
Help please

I'm trying to get RSD lite 4.6 to flash my phone. Phones been acting weird, certain buttons on the virtual KB won't work forcing me to use the physical one and screen sensitivity is a mess. I tried using different roms/kernals but the problem is still there so I want to reflash my phone.
I have all the correct drivers installed(64 bit) along with RSD. It sees my phone but when I pick the sbf file, the start button doesn't light up. I have the sbf in the root of my C: drive and I run the program as an admin but it still refuses to work.

I'm not a noob at this per say. Been using custom roms, recoveries, kernals for a while now and never had a reason to use RSD. Just figures that now when I need it, I can't get it to work :(

Any suggestions?