Fix your RSD Lite flashing problems

chuck54

Reaction score
Well, im fed up of trying things to sbf or rsd my bionic. I must have done something wrong with safestrap, and I needed to use bootstrap to have a working phone while I tried methods of fixing either ny computer or rsd lite. So here's my situation ...

Bionic, updated to 905 before problem and is now sitting on eclipse 3.0 so I have a stable rom to use in the mean time.

I try rsd lite 5.7 with 5.9.0 drivers, and I have Motorola 's device manager to keep the drivers updated. I tried the 902 fxz with the regular xml and with the custom xml for coming from custom roms. I tried the 905 file also. I made sure that they decompressed without errors.
ALL methods above don't work for me, the fail immediately at step one, and if I click start again, it just takes a little longer but it still fails and allow flashing mbmloader...

So I tried manually flashing 902 and 905. The command window says "error, unsupported command" .

BUT, if the phone is on AP fastboot mode, AND unplugged, I can type the first command, push enter, then it reads waiting for device... THEN I plug the phone in, (in any usb port) it works! UNTIL I try to flash something large like system, ir even recovery (recovery is the smallest to flash) and it wont work for the large files. It WILL erase cache and data. So I did some sluthing ...

I have an hp computer "HP Pavillion Elite HPE-500Y" and the command is unsupported right? Windows computers have a super "powershell" application that is a basically "rooted " version of command prompt. It is also TONS more user friendly. So I ask you to try this...

IF rsd lite DOES work for you, go to control panel > Administrative Tools > Windows Powershell Modules. Double click on powershell, and tell me if there is any error... if there is an error, that means that your computer doesn't support using scripts that aren't signed by Microsoft. And that is what I think the problem is (hopefully those computers that have rsd lite working don't have the error! )

And if rsd lite doesn't work, also try running the power shell, and hopefully you have the error.

I tried manually flashing 902 with powershell with the use nonsigned scripts toggled on, and I still got "unsupported command"...

If anyone has any other ideas that I could try toggling with on my computer please feel free to reply to this, message me, or try it yourself and publish your results!! Who knows, maybe your method works and fixes everybody's problems!! (Don't worry, the credit would be all yours, im not trolling for fame, im trolling for a method to get me to a stock rom so I can try an ics leak! !!! Everyone likes them and im not able to try them...

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Okay, maybe it isn't as complicated, where is everyone else's driver files located? Like in system32 or where? I can't find mine even though it says installed ...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You mean the Moto drivers? Mine are...

C:\Program Files\Motorola Inc\Motorola Mobile Drivers Installation 5.9.0

All depends on where you told the install to put them. Or are you referencing different drivers?

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Yes, that what I was talking about lol and what is all in that folder? Im just making sure my drivers are correctly installed and are where they are supposed to be.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well inside that folder is just a word doc, but Windows stores the actual driver files..

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\motousbnet.inf_amd64_neutral_80ea9e2ccd54b1b7

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Ok I have seven items there.... I don't understand what I could be doing wrong... stock cord, iv have tried ALL usb ports (even mouse and keyboard ...) and no dice...

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
http://compixels.com/1840/check-office-2010-activation-status-and-license-type

So I have googled variations of "windows command prompt 'unsupported command' and this is as close as I have gotten to my problem...

In the comments of this page, someone has a problem of 'UNSUPPORTED COMMAND PASSED' pop up on their cmd screen. (Mine doesn't say passed tho) so the fix that is said is to get the correct bit version of the application that is trying to install (they installed a 32bit version of something on a 64bit computer...) bit is this even possible with the drivers? I have tried them, even though I know I need the 64bit, and even when I chose the 32bit drivers, it said that I needed a different version ....

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Okay, so I guess ill just need a different computer ...

BUT, I have a non safe backup with safestrap! Im in eclipse now, is there a way I can set it up so I can got back to stock?!? Please help!

Then can't I use bp tools in the recovery menu to push a clean system?!?! Aaahh I finally found my method! !!!

This all happened because I tried uninstalling safestrap!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I am not a fan of Safestrap, so you are going to try to push a clean system?

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
If that gets me to stock in one way or another! It doesn't matter if it unroots, I know rooting still works on my computer

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Or what does pushing a system do in total?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not sure on that one I don't use Safe strap.

Might be best to try another computer and use RSD Lite

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Well, still sorry for trolling, but does anyone think that taking the official ota update (when it comes) that installing it through the stock recovery would still successfully update even though im on a custom rom????

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
If I put ubuntu 12.05 on a disc and boot it LIVE (not install) will it affect anything on the windows partition? I want to run ubuntu and see if I can sbf this bionic with the same hardware, but I wont if it changes anything to the computer after powerdown...

Or is there even an option to run ubuntu live or does it automatically install?

OP
chuck54

chuck54

Reaction score
Ok, is it possible that the phone isn't compatible with flashing with rsd?