Unbricking Your Droid X

holaratcha

Reaction score
still no go...

I'm in a pinch now for sure and need a wizard, after rsd lite 4.7 w patch installed everything was perfect and finished the flash. Now I am stuck in boot loader mode. Even when I hold (home + power) cannot get intonrecovery or red eye flashing mode.

My boot loader screen says
Bootloader 30.01
Err:a5,69,35,00,27

Wizard.... Where are you?

I happened upon this process after I was on 2.1update1 and downloaded direct to droid x a stock 2.2 update.zip file and became stuck on moto logo.

Ischmitt's problem fix may be of help to you,

Or you could take it to a store location who could unbrick it and then you can just reflash 2.2.

Reinstalled RSD LIte, 32 bit drivers and went at it for another go, everything finished RSD LIte and said "PASS". Unfortunately still stuck on bootloader screen only.

Bootloader
ERR:A5,69,35,00.27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
DATA CAble

im open for anything else, thx in advance.

kdkinc

Reaction score
My concern is that since my phone was rooted 2.1update1 that Verizon will charge me for the update that I was putting on the phone? Hence I am scouring trying to fix on my own.

I tried to replace the Flash file with updated one which I was very careful in beginning to ensure I was using correct Flash file in RSD. Still no go.

the phone goes through entire RSD process and says PASS upon completion, but my screen still only loads to either Motorola screen or Bootloader screen. and says
ERR: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27
battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

thx in advance for help everyone.

You did replace the ini file in RSD 4.7 with the one that came in the RSD 4.7 file

holaratcha

Reaction score
Droid X Stuck in Bootloader

My concern is that since my phone was rooted 2.1update1 that Verizon will charge me for the update that I was putting on the phone? Hence I am scouring trying to fix on my own.

I tried to replace the Flash file with updated one which I was very careful in beginning to ensure I was using correct Flash file in RSD. Still no go.

the phone goes through entire RSD process and says PASS upon completion, but my screen still only loads to either Motorola screen or Bootloader screen. and says
battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

You did replace the ini file in RSD 4.7 with the one that came in the RSD 4.7 file

Yes, def replaced the flash file with the updated version. Did it more than 2x per instructions. have gone through update 4 or 5x. still stuck.

kdkinc

Reaction score

battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

Yes, def replaced the flash file with the updated version. Did it more than 2x per instructions. have gone through update 4 or 5x. still stuck.

See if might be of help look at post#'s 13,14, 15
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/73535-how-go-back-stock-2-1-newbi.html

holaratcha

Reaction score
Stuck IN Bootloader Droid X

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/73535-how-go-back-stock-2-1-newbi.html

checked out the posts recommended which basically is what I have been doing with RSD LIte4.7 and flashing sbf on droid x. I still come up with the err: message on my droid x.

Everything looks to go through on RSD LIte, somewhere on the Droid X it must not be taking something. any other options?

kdkinc

Reaction score

checked out the posts recommended which basically is what I have been doing with RSD LIte4.7 and flashing sbf on droid x. I still come up with the err: message on my droid x.

Everything looks to go through on RSD LIte, somewhere on the Droid X it must not be taking something. any other options?

Just for kicks try a different direct USB port (no hub)

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
For anybody trying to go back to 2.1 from 2.2:

I tried doing this myself by just flashing the 2.1 sbf overtop of 2.2 and it did not work. In order for me to get 2.1 working again, I had to do a factory reset and then flash. It's annoying having to get everything back on but I prefer 2.1 to the leaked 2.2, there were too many bugs in it for my liking. I will be adding this information to the guide.

akappy332

Reaction score
Is there any method that guarantees a successful downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1? If i try i just get the infinite loop boot.

holaratcha

Reaction score

tried both direct ports as well as all 4 hub ports and still same Bootloader screen. do you think it could be bc I am using VMWare Fusion on a Mac? RSD LIte says my device PASS every time but same err message.

Any more suggestions, im game for anything. thx.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

tried both direct ports as well as all 4 hub ports and still same Bootloader screen. do you think it could be bc I am using VMWare Fusion on a Mac? RSD LIte says my device PASS every time but same err message.

Any more suggestions, im game for anything. thx.

I would suggest trying it on a Windows PC if you can. Plenty of things could go wrong when trying to flash your phone through an emulated operating system.

jharbinson

Reaction score
I really hope you guys have a solution for this as I have searched everywhere for an answer and been watching this thread. My X is bricked. Stuck on M logo due to a file I removed accidentally. Wrong logwrapper file was deleted....
RSK will not recognize my phone to do the flash. I even have another X that is only recognized if the phone is turned on and in mass storage mode. In bootloader mode rsk will not recognize my device. It keeps saying the opmap 3630 drivers could not be installed and there is NOTHING on the web about the driver. Keep in mind neither device is recognized in bootloader. My original droid shows up fine with the older version in bootloader but neither x. I have installed, uninstalled and upgraded everything many times but nothing.(rsk 4.65 but never found 4.7) The good x shows up when hooked up in regular phone mode and mass storage????/ Help

Last edited:

kdkinc

Reaction score
I really hope you guys have a solution for this as I have searched everywhere for an answer and been watching this thread. My X is bricked. Stuck on M logo due to a file I removed accidentally. Wrong logwrapper file was deleted....
RSK will not recognize my phone to do the flash. I even have another X that is only recognized if the phone is turned on and in mass storage mode. In bootloader mode rsk will not recognize my device. It keeps saying the opmap 3630 drivers could not be installed and there is NOTHING on the web about the driver. Keep in mind neither device is recognized in bootloader. My original droid shows up fine with the older version in bootloader but neither x. I have installed, uninstalled and upgraded everything many times but nothing.(rsk 4.65 but never found 4.7) The good x shows up when hooked up in regular phone mode and mass storage????/ Help

You have to use RSD Lite 4.7 with the applied ini file thats in the 4.7 download

Last edited:

Bert336

Reaction score
Great write up, i will be subscribing to this for whenever i have to go through this. Thank you for taking the time to do this write up! dancedroid

BACAbone

Reaction score

Don't sweat it man It is not bricked. I wish I had the answers for u but I haven't used rsd method on my DX yet. There are a lot of smart folks in here and someone will have your solution