Unbricking Your Droid X

vzwtek

Reaction score
I really hope you guys have a solution for this as I have searched everywhere for an answer and been watching this thread. My X is bricked. Stuck on M logo due to a file I removed accidentally. Wrong logwrapper file was deleted....
RSK will not recognize my phone to do the flash. I even have another X that is only recognized if the phone is turned on and in mass storage mode. In bootloader mode rsk will not recognize my device. It keeps saying the opmap 3630 drivers could not be installed and there is NOTHING on the web about the driver. Keep in mind neither device is recognized in bootloader. My original droid shows up fine with the older version in bootloader but neither x. I have installed, uninstalled and upgraded everything many times but nothing.(rsk 4.65 but never found 4.7) The good x shows up when hooked up in regular phone mode and mass storage????/ Help

Don't sweat it man It is not bricked. I wish I had the answers for u but I haven't used rsd method on my DX yet. There are a lot of smart folks in here and someone will have your solution

You can just put it in bootloader and take it to a store, tell them to connect it to their RSD and they have a recovery tool to reflash it if you need it. they have the .sbf file on their computers.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I really hope you guys have a solution for this as I have searched everywhere for an answer and been watching this thread. My X is bricked. Stuck on M logo due to a file I removed accidentally. Wrong logwrapper file was deleted....
RSK will not recognize my phone to do the flash. I even have another X that is only recognized if the phone is turned on and in mass storage mode. In bootloader mode rsk will not recognize my device. It keeps saying the opmap 3630 drivers could not be installed and there is NOTHING on the web about the driver. Keep in mind neither device is recognized in bootloader. My original droid shows up fine with the older version in bootloader but neither x. I have installed, uninstalled and upgraded everything many times but nothing.(rsk 4.65 but never found 4.7) The good x shows up when hooked up in regular phone mode and mass storage????/ Help

Don't sweat it man It is not bricked. I wish I had the answers for u but I haven't used rsd method on my DX yet. There are a lot of smart folks in here and someone will have your solution

You can just put it in bootloader and take it to a store, tell them to connect it to their RSD and they have a recovery tool to reflash it if you need it. they have the .sbf file on their computers.

As a question only... Does the store then make note of the SBF update and note the account and void any warranty ???

vzwtek

Reaction score
No, all you have to tell them is that your phone is not starting up all the way, and that tech support told you that it needs to be reflashed, and that they already told you how to put it in bootloader.

I forgot how to put it in that mode, will double check tommorow, lol. I think its the search, home and power keys while its plugged in. I'll look again. All they will put on your account is that they reflashed the phone.

stargazin

Reaction score
RSD Lite does not have the "Start", button highlighted. It is grayed out, I put the .ini file in the RSD directory. I have 2 different sbf files. I've been downloading from so many forums trying to get all the file, I am not sure where these file came from. One ends in "update_03.sbf". Not sure what what is needed now. Phone is in debugging, pc mode, adb installed. I am stuck here. I cannot start the RSD Lite. I do not have a zipped sbf file, they were not zipped when I got these. The sbf files from RW's site are not zipped, and seem very small in size.

vzwtek

Reaction score
RSD Lite does not have the "Start", button highlighted. It is grayed out, I put the .ini file in the RSD directory. I have 2 different sbf files. I've been downloading from so many forums trying to get all the file, I am not sure where these file came from. One ends in "update_03.sbf". Not sure what what is needed now. Phone is in debugging, pc mode, adb installed. I am stuck here. I cannot start the RSD Lite. I do not have a zipped sbf file, they were not zipped when I got these. The sbf files from RW's site are not zipped, and seem very small in size.

the droid x sbf is like 499 mb, its not a very small file.

BACAbone

Reaction score

the one given to me by a friend ends in 1FF_01.sbf and is only 439mb but i still havent used it

kdkinc

Reaction score

the one given to me by a friend ends in 1FF_01.sbf and is only 439mb but i still havent used it

Thats the size and file name I have in my storage folder..

THAMLET420

Reaction score
I ordered my X last week and won't get it for another week or two. Can you tell me what "bricking" is?

BACAbone

Reaction score
I ordered my X last week and won't get it for another week or two. Can you tell me what "bricking" is?

Aside from being the most misused term in the community lol. A bricked device is one that will no longer function by any means. Literally a brick. If it will make it to the M logo or further it can be salvaged its just sick. Hopefully with any error you can restore a backup or worst case reflash with rsd method wich puts phone back to out of box state. It is very hard to brick one of these devices

alex1311

Reaction score

Aside from being the most misused term in the community lol. A bricked device is one that will no longer function by any means. Literally a brick. If it will make it to the M logo or further it can be salvaged its just sick. Hopefully with any error you can restore a backup or worst case reflash with rsd method wich puts phone back to out of box state. It is very hard to brick one of these devices

So true. Im tired of seeing the phrase "i got my phone unbricked".....really?? Then do me a favor....follow this process:
1. Come to my house.
2. remove a brick.
3. turn brick into Droid X.
4. give me the Droid X.
5. don't post on forums anymore :icon_eek:

holaratcha

Reaction score
Just for kicks try a different direct USB port (no hub)

tried both direct ports as well as all 4 hub ports and still same Bootloader screen. do you think it could be bc I am using VMWare Fusion on a Mac? RSD LIte says my device PASS every time but same err message.

Any more suggestions, im game for anything. thx.

I would suggest trying it on a Windows PC if you can. Plenty of things could go wrong when trying to flash your phone through an emulated operating system.

Switched to Windows XP and received same errors. I am attempting Flash again. RSD Lite says PASS in Results tab but device is stuck at Bootloader screen.

HackerCity

Reaction score
Reboot your phone into recovery. wipe data... reboot. you will have to reactivate your phone by dialing *228.

holaratcha

Reaction score
Reboot your phone into recovery. wipe data... reboot. you will have to reactivate your phone by dialing *228.

I can't get my phone into recovery. Stuck in a brick state on bootloader... tried 2x today. I received my backup from verizon but am skeptical on sending it back... any other tips you think will he'll

1694kyle

Reaction score
I want to try this process before I mess something up and actually need it. I'm assuming this wipes your system clean (contacts, texts, accounts)? If I backed up with clockworkmod, can I do this and just restore the backup so my system is in it's original state? I'm new...I know.

validoption

Reaction score
I want to try this process before I mess something up and actually need it. I'm assuming this wipes your system clean (contacts, texts, accounts)? If I backed up with clockworkmod, can I do this and just restore the backup so my system is in it's original state? I'm new...I know.

Depends.

YES: If you create a 2.1 nandroid with CWM, you can flash the SBF to return to a stock .604 setup, reinstall CWM, and restore the nandroid backup with no problem.

NO: If you create a 2.2 nandroid with CWM, flash the SBF to return to stock .604, you will not be able to use said 2.2 nandroid unless you update to 2.2 again and reinstall CWM.

That covers the back-up question. As for the SBF wiping all of your system data, yes. HOWEVER, if you are coming from 2.2 and flashing the SBF to return to 2.1, you will be stuck in a bootloop--but it is easily solved. After the SBF flashes successfully, the phone reboots itself. You need to pull the battery and then boot into recovery. From there, you wipe data/factory reset, then reboot. The phone will boot up normally, naked as the day it was born.