Problems with RSD

xe Nismo 06

Reaction score
Trying to revert my DX back to 2.1 using RSD lite to flash the sbf. But rsd doesn't seem to want to recognize my phone. (Rooted 2.2). Using all the steps and downloads from Rootzwiki (ie- the actual sbf, the moto-drivers, and the rsd download) and still won't recognize it, whether from the normal home screen or bootloader. Any suggestions?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what version of windows are you on?

tobytl

Reaction score
Did you copy the pst_flash.ini file into the RSDLite install directory? ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\RSD Lite\")

Edit: duh, sorry, rude question. Too many years in tech support...

Last edited:

aklee987

Reaction score
I had the same issue. RSD recognized my phone once, then the next day, it didn't. I fixed this by changing the way RSD looks for devices. I don't have it on this computer, but there were only two choices, an "auto search" and a "first connected" search, or something like that. I switched it off autosearch and it found it right away.

OP
xe Nismo 06

xe Nismo 06

Reaction score
Did you copy the pst_flash.ini file into the RSDLite install directory? ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\RSD Lite\")

Edit: duh, sorry, rude question. Too many years in tech support...
Lol, no worries. and yes, I did

I had the same issue. RSD recognized my phone once, then the next day, it didn't. I fixed this by changing the way RSD looks for devices. I don't have it on this computer, but there were only two choices, an "auto search" and a "first connected" search, or something like that. I switched it off autosearch and it found it right away.
Quick question, Does it matter whether or not the phone is in Bootloader for RSD to recognize it?

OP
xe Nismo 06

xe Nismo 06

Reaction score
Quick question, Does it matter whether or not the phone is in Bootloader for RSD to recognize it?

needs to be in bootloader.
Thanks Abe, All good now. Found a post from you somewhere else that had another description of the steps. Couple boot-loops and a factory reset later, back to normal and back to waiting patiently for the OTA. Again, thanks for all the help guys