Unbricking Your Droid X

kdkinc

Reaction score
I want to try this process before I mess something up and actually need it. I'm assuming this wipes your system clean (contacts, texts, accounts)? If I backed up with clockworkmod, can I do this and just restore the backup so my system is in it's original state? I'm new...I know.

Depends.

YES: If you create a 2.1 nandroid with CWM, you can flash the SBF to return to a stock .604 setup, reinstall CWM, and restore the nandroid backup with no problem.

NO: If you create a 2.2 nandroid with CWM, flash the SBF to return to stock .604, you will not be able to use said 2.2 nandroid unless you update to 2.2 again and reinstall CWM.

That covers the back-up question. As for the SBF wiping all of your system data, yes. HOWEVER, if you are coming from 2.2 and flashing the SBF to return to 2.1, you will be stuck in a bootloop--but it is easily solved. After the SBF flashes successfully, the phone reboots itself. You need to pull the battery and then boot into recovery. From there, you wipe data/factory reset, then reboot. The phone will boot up normally, naked as the day it was born.

NICE tip .... definitely going into my stack of stuff...

rcjames

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have froyo on my droid x when it was leaked out couple days ago. Now i wanna go back to 2.1, how do i do that? I heard many people fallow the unbrick instruction and then it wont boot. Has someone done this downgrading back to 2.1???

kdkinc

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have froyo on my droid x when it was leaked out couple days ago. Now i wanna go back to 2.1, how do i do that? I heard many people fallow the unbrick instruction and then it wont boot. Has someone done this downgrading back to 2.1???

This is a light the fuse and run question right ???????

rcjames

Reaction score

You do not make sense.

Okay guys i got it solved dancedroid

kdkinc

Reaction score

You do not make sense.

Okay guys i got it solved dancedroid[/QUOTE

Sorry....I get a lot of that.
I thought I saw you on one of the several go back to 2.1 guides .
Glad you got it fixed:)

Did you have a i920 ????

Grey_hammer

Reaction score
Phone bricked

I've got a real problem here. I had my phone rooted and updated to 2.2 with the recent leak. I had installed the bootstrapper and Rom Manager, I was trying to go back to 2.1 using the Clean Nandroid 2.1 recovery and everything went perfectly smoothly accept for when the phone rebooted I can only see the "M" screen and it never goes away.

Is there any way to unbrick this phone and is this common when trying the recovery?

Also, I'd like to try to SBF flash it but I can't find the files needed to do so.

BACAbone

Reaction score
I've got a real problem here. I had my phone rooted and updated to 2.2 with the recent leak. I had installed the bootstrapper and Rom Manager, I was trying to go back to 2.1 using the Clean Nandroid 2.1 recovery and everything went perfectly smoothly accept for when the phone rebooted I can only see the "M" screen and it never goes away.

Is there any way to unbrick this phone and is this common when trying the recovery?

Also, I'd like to try to SBF flash it but I can't find the files needed to do so.
it is common when trying to go back to 2.1 but your not bricked u just need a fix

rcjames

Reaction score
Can pm me with froyo leak for root 2.1 android droid x phone? The one for root phone and i believe since its root and then upgrade to 2.2 which still have root on them i want that file. Please can someone send me the link of it. Pm me please.

Grey_hammer

Reaction score

it is common when trying to go back to 2.1 but your not bricked u just need a fix
So, how do I fix this problem? Do I need to SBF restore? If so, can I have a link to the drivers and Flash files for windows?

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
The .sbf file I just downloaded is called "VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf" and is only 237 mb is this the right file?

BACAbone

Reaction score
The .sbf file I just downloaded is called "VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf" and is only 237 mb is this the right file?

That looks to be right file number but the one I got straight from verizon and used today is 439mb