Unbricking Your Droid X

BACAbone

Reaction score
Hammer sbf would do it but I'm not sure there isn't an easier way plus I'm not sure where to get sbf. I have a friend that gave it to me. I wasnt fast enough to get it while it was posted here

rcjames

Reaction score
Hammer sbf would do it but I'm not sure there isn't an easier way plus I'm not sure where to get sbf. I have a friend that gave it to me. I wasnt fast enough to get it while it was posted here

Do you have the 2.2 leak one that is meant for 2.1 rooted?

Grey_hammer

Reaction score

I too would like to have the update.zip for the 2.2 upgrade.

It looks like my phone may be seriously messed up as I can't even get into the recovery or the boot loader now. Now, I don't see the "M" screen any more. At first I thought that this was a software issue due to fresh Nandroid flash back to 2.1 from 2.2, but its more serious than that.

If any one has any more ideas, I would be greatly appreciative.

rcjames

Reaction score

It looks like my phone may be seriously messed up as I can't even get into the recovery or the boot loader now. Now, I don't see the "M" screen any more. At first I thought that this was a software issue due to fresh Nandroid flash back to 2.1 from 2.2, but its more serious than that.

Yikes that is not totally cool. Hope you get help buddy man these phones are are so damn good and expensive. I think you're true crew.

vzwtek

Reaction score

Put it in bootloader and take it to a store, they can restore it using their RSD tools.

rcjames

Reaction score

Put it in bootloader and take it to a store, they can restore it using their RSD tools.

Yea so do we. How would they flash it if theres no way to get into bootloader and recovery mode thingy wingy? Would be nice to know so i can do it someday if i brick my phone

kdkinc

Reaction score

Have you tried the technique where you pull the battery,then hold the power & home button THEN insert the battery???.
I believe this will get you into recovery....

rcjames

Reaction score

Have you tried the technique where you pull the battery,then hold the power & home button THEN insert the battery???.
I believe this will get you into recovery....

You forgot to say then push the search. Actually theres another way then unpluging the battery. hold the home button then push and hold the power until its pass the motorola sign then it will show a ! and a android robot then when that comes out then push search then it enters.

He did stated he tried these.

vzwtek

Reaction score
They have a recovery tool in their RSD that allows them to reflash. All you have to do is get it into bootloader. Its a recover matrix with the new rsd.

Arte Suave

Reaction score
Thank you so much. This saved my ass. I tried installing another version of 2.2. Phone got stuck at the M. I used this guide to fix it. Reading carefully is key. I had to do the cut wire charge battery trick, but I got it. I need to learn that starting to mod my phone at 11:00 PM is not a good idea. Something always happens :) 2.2 syncing now! Whew.

Grey_hammer

Reaction score
So, you have to cut any USB wire and press the red and black wires to the battery itself and then connect the battery, correct? How do you keep the wires connected to the battery?

Arte Suave

Reaction score
I just used small pieces of electrical tape to attach the wires direct to the battery. I didn't even put the battery in. Left it like that for about 7 minutes. The flashed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jim39

Reaction score
e

Thank you so much. This saved my ass. I tried installing another version of 2.2. Phone got stuck at the M. I used this guide to fix it. Reading carefully is key. I had to do the cut wire charge battery trick, but I got it. I need to learn that starting to mod my phone at 11:00 PM is not a good idea. Something always happens :) 2.2 syncing now! Whew.

The most important part in the above is "Reading carefully is key"
I too found myself unable to re-flash....but after reading the instructions posted here and elsewhere and piecing the parts together was able to get it done.
I have heard many people ask about the size of the SBF being different.... It is not....It is available for download in zip format...once unzipped it is the correct 439mb....there are varying levels of knowledge about many of the processes involved in setting up properly before you begin flashing back to stock....some of the instructions assume the user understands the basics before they begin...The RSDLite-4.7+patch file is another example...you have to unzip the file which contains the RSDLite installation files .... and .... an .ini file that must be moved to the directory that RSDLite installed into which will overwrite an existing file that ....has to be overwritten .....before the re-flash can be done properly. All the files required to get back to naked stock just as the day you received the phone are available. reading and understanding the instructions before hand is the key to a trouble free transition. Preparation ie.. all the correct files in the proper place....plenty of charge on the phones battery will make things go much smoother. Not being a smart..s ...just passing along the mistakes I made and understanding the process involved before I began my final and successful return to stock 2.1.........I now am back to a rooted 2.2 and will remain there but it is nice to know I can get back if need be...

Thanks to all who have worked so hard to bring the freedom of 2.2 rooted to the masses.

Grey_hammer

Reaction score
I used the charging trick, however my flash file isn't correct. Does any of you have a link to it. If so PLEASE PM it to me.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Glad to hear you found some use out of the MacGyver method :) And I am in the same boat as you. When I did my first mod it was to changed the theme and I attempted to do it at 2:00am haha