Unbricking Your Droid X

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
One more thing I would like to add is that I haven't had much of a chance to go through all of the posts in this thread (I'm glad it's so popular though :) ). If anybody thinks something should be added to the guide please PM me, not sure when I'll have a chance to read through all of the posts.

prowakeskater

Reaction score
fml. I get an error! "phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file (0x703b)"

please help!

NM found out why! sweeeeet

Last edited:

prowakeskater

Reaction score
in the zip file there is a file ending with .ini

move that to /program files / motorola / rsdlite

close the program and rerun it

cheers!

Grey_hammer

Reaction score

cheers!

I have the gift main zip file and in that I have 3 other zip files - the SBF, 32bit and the 64 bit drivers. I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing the .ini file anywhere.

kdkinc

Reaction score

cheers!

I have the gift main zip file and in that I have 3 other zip files - the SBF, 32bit and the 64 bit drivers. I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing the .ini file anywhere.

Two separate files...RSDlite has the .ini file attachment. this tool applies the SBF file .
The "gift" is the SBF file plus drivers for your 32 or 64 bit PC

fishstick600

Reaction score
Theres a you tube video out there on how to downgrade to 2.1. If i remember correctly after you extract rdslite the .ini file is in the rdslite folder. Its a patch so you just need to copy it over the old one after you install it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of private messages and noticed a lot of posts in this thread about getting errors in RSD Lite. 99% of the time it's because you still need to replace the .ini file (as stated in the guide). Please follow the directions carefully and only PM me for help if nobody helps you out in this thread. It will help me get the SBF out to the people who are PM'ing me because they need the file.

avt123

Reaction score
I have followed the directions EXACTLY, and I have reflashed the sbf 6 times now. I can not get the device to boot past the Droid eye, and then it stays in a bootloop. It will just keep showing the "droid into droid eye image" and repeat forever. This happens exactly every time. Why is this happening?

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I have followed the directions EXACTLY, and I have reflashed the sbf 6 times now. I can not get the device to boot past the Droid eye, and then it stays in a bootloop. It will just keep showing the "droid into droid eye image" and repeat forever. This happens exactly every time. Why is this happening?

Hmmmm... are there any errors when RSD Lite is applying the patch? A couple of times when that happened to me I would need to flash a few times to get the phone working but 6 times seems like plenty. Did you load the leaked 2.2 onto your phone? If so you need to factory reset and then flash, otherwise you cannot flash the SBF because it is 2.1

avt123

Reaction score

Hmmmm... are there any errors when RSD Lite is applying the patch? A couple of times when that happened to me I would need to flash a few times to get the phone working but 6 times seems like plenty. Did you load the leaked 2.2 onto your phone? If so you need to factory reset and then flash, otherwise you cannot flash the SBF because it is 2.1

Everything is good now. I just put the 2.2 update.zip on the sdcard using my droid and then put it back into my DX. Went into stock recovery and loaded the update.zip. Have stock 2.2 now no root. Now I just wish there was a way to root 2.2 using terminal emulator like there was for 2.1.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Everything is good now. I just put the 2.2 update.zip on the sdcard using my droid and then put it back into my DX. Went into stock recovery and loaded the update.zip. Have stock 2.2 now no root. Now I just wish there was a way to root 2.2 using terminal emulator like there was for 2.1.

Yea sounds to me like you had 2.2 and tried to just flash to 2.1 which would explain why it didn't work. I expect to be getting a lot more people asking me about this with the recent news of Verizon saying that leaked 2.2 users cannot upgrade to OTA 2.2 without flashing back to 2.1. I'll have to make things more clear in the guide for people with that problem.