Unable to " Check for updates"

jughead75

Reaction score
I know I came across this topic previously, I just don't recall in which forum. So forgive me if im wasting space here. For the last 10 days or so when I check for updates I get a message stating, "Check for updates is not available at this time. Try again later." Anyone else having this problem or know why I may be having this issue. Any help or input would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wilboy

Reaction score
Answer: official OTA isn't out yet!
My Question:Are you still on STOCK(5.5.886)Bloated?...if so just wait..and wait for the roll-ova.:)

ebdvm

Reaction score
I was having same problem. I fixed it by turning off and turning on my bionic. Try it. I got the message my phone has the most current version.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I know I came across this topic previously, I just don't recall in which forum. So forgive me if im wasting space here. For the last 10 days or so when I check for updates I get a message stating, "Check for updates is not available at this time. Try again later." Anyone else having this problem or know why I may be having this issue. Any help or input would be appreciated.

... not avail at this time is not the right answer, my guess is your not accessing the net when you check for updates. Attached should be the correct response

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Mine has said update its not available for over a month now. It should say no update available or up to date.

OP
jughead75

jughead75

Reaction score
... not avail at this time is not the right answer, my guess is your not accessing the net when you check for updates. Attached should be the correct response

That's where mythought was going with this, that checking for updates was not connecting totheir network properly. In the past I would receive the message that my devicewas currently up to date. I tend to reboot my phone every day or two so that isnot the issue. I am also still running stock, bloated, and un-rooted but that should notcause this issue. Guess I'll just wait until I can confirm that updates arerolling out before I worry about it. Thanks for everyone’s input.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Just curious, if you go into settins> battery & data manager > data delivery, what are you settings... mine attached

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm with you OP, mine has said Update Not Available At This Time ever since I rooted. Definitely have access to the internet blue, unless you mean it's not accessing it within the update prompt specifically, which I don't see why it wouldn't...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I'm with you OP, mine has said Update Not Available At This Time ever since I rooted. Definitely have access to the internet blue, unless you mean it's not accessing it within the update prompt specifically, which I don't see why it wouldn't...

Don' think he is rooted...

ripper2860

Reaction score
9 times out of 10 I get the "Check for updates is not available at this time. Try again later." message when checking via 3G or 4G. If I switch to WiFi and check, I get the "Your Device up to date! No update available at this time." message.

Strange, but the least of my worries. :blink:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Interesting, I always assumed it was because I was rooted and OTAs sometimes need stock to work so I shrugged it off. Happens regardless of wifi or not with me though. Oh well, I'm a patient man, when the OTA is out I plan on looking for it and unrooting if I need to, didn't want to take any chances with the leaked updates.

Zecpull

Reaction score
This has been a problem for a while.. I have seen it reported on the MoTo forums too.. I just checked .and mine said Not Available.. I rebooted. and it still said not available, I have had better luck sometimes on Wifi. Now mine has been searching with the blue wheel for over a minute....and Just said Not available again... I am not or have I ever rooted this phone.. So it may be a Verizon problem..

ripper2860

Reaction score
Well that'll be REALLY convenient when the OTA is finally available. :dry:

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
I still have that version you mentioned, is that a bad thing? I will call vzw and complain, please let me know