Unable to " Check for updates"

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
My wife's bionic was doing the same thing. Mine got the update no problem. Hers kept saying Check for Updates not available. Both rooted. Factory reset on hers and first time I checked the update was there.

wmfb

Reaction score
This is the last straw from Motorola and Verizon….you buy the Bionic at the full price when it’s released based on the advertising and hype from both of them…you pay full price and get garbage and a phone that doesn’t do what it is supposedly was advertised to do, and suffer through the months of aggravation with the device…then the update comes out…..which they selectively let out to who ever they want or what ever method they desire…..Motorola denies that it is out because it isn’t confirmed on their website….Verizon tells that Motorola is doing the upgrade…etc..etc..etc. and one lies and the other swears to it. Then they supposedly fix it….I don’t know because mine is not working yet, and then they drop the price….isn’t there any Justice????

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
My wife and I both love ours. The bionic isn't the only phone with data drop issues either. The reason hers didn't get the update correctly was the store activated it wrong. Not the phones fault.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
This is the last straw from Motorola and Verizon….you buy the Bionic at the full price when it’s released based on the advertising and hype from both of them…you pay full price and get garbage and a phone that doesn’t do what it is supposedly was advertised to do, and suffer through the months of aggravation with the device…then the update comes out…..which they selectively let out to who ever they want or what ever method they desire…..Motorola denies that it is out because it isn’t confirmed on their website….Verizon tells that Motorola is doing the upgrade…etc..etc..etc. and one lies and the other swears to it. Then they supposedly fix it….I don’t know because mine is not working yet, and then they drop the price….isn’t there any Justice????

If you have not installed one of the leaked updates & you are getting Check for Updates not available. You need to do a factory reset to connect to the server.
The problem seems to be with when the phones were activated by who ever you bought it from not doing it correctly. This is not Motorola or Verizon fault unless you bought it @ a corporate store & then you could argue poor training on how to activate phones.
I got mine @ Costco is that by chance where you got yours ?
I am wondering if it is a Costco activation issue with the ones that did not activate properly.

I am very happy with my phone & been thinking about the Nexus, but after looking at one yesterday I am probably going to stay with my Bionic & buy another Bionic for my wife & employee.
I like the specific Motorola options it has, expanded battery size, build of Motorola & when they get the ICS out for the Bionic I will be more than happy. :p