Tron

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Need I say more??

If I was off Friday i'd be there for the opening. But as is will be seeing this Saturday nite. Tron was one of the best movies of the 80's in terms of style and story. I love the original and it does stand the test of time. That being said TRON: Legacy looks to do what they really wanted to back then. This will be an amazing movie and have been waiting for a long time for its release.

Who's with me?? Show some TRON love!!!!!!!

Sent from somewhere...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a season pass to disneyland and right now they're doing this thing called elektronica where at california adventure they have a huge dance party with music and drinks and all. The best part though is they show this awesome extended 3d preview for the film in one of the 3d theaters. Its about 20 minutes long and after watching it 4 times I can tell you this movie looks GREAT. Truth be told I wasn't all that interested but after watching the 3d preview thing, I know I have to see it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm envious!! Although, when me and the wife lived in Orlando she worked at Disney, so got to see a lot of cool behind the sceens stuff, and go for free :p

But would love to see that preview!! Not sure if I'll go to a 3D show or not. Saw Toy Story 3 in 3D and wasn't impressed.

Sent from somewhere...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I went last week with some friends who adamantly despise 3d and they loved it. Its quite subtle actually, more immersing that it is jumping out at you if that makes sense. It didn't hurt that its like full immursion theater that has lights and sounds (and I think smoke) throughout the preview that make it seem like the theater is a part of the tron universe. Still not sure if i'm willing to shell out the extra cash though.

tappin and a talkin

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Maybe see it 2d then go 3d another time. I know this will be one I see multiple times.

Sent from somewhere...

moosez3

Reaction score
it was awesome!

Jealousy knows no bounds here.....
Glad to here...2d or 3d??

Sent from somewhere...

3d non Imax, the first couple minutes were not in 3D, but in tron-land or whatever it was, but it was very subtle.
My glasses kinda sucked I think, I felt like I couldnt focus as easily as in Avatar 3D.
So compared to that movie (the only other 3d movie I have seen) the 3d didnt seem worth it, but the cgi graphics story and ESPECIALLY the soundtrack were all awesome!

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Storywise it had a lot to live up too so am really glad to hear that. And just from the previews I knew the cgi was awsome. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from somewhere...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it was awesome!

Jealousy knows no bounds here.....
Glad to here...2d or 3d??

Sent from somewhere...

3d non Imax, the first couple minutes were not in 3D, but in tron-land or whatever it was, but it was very subtle.
My glasses kinda sucked I think, I felt like I couldnt focus as easily as in Avatar 3D.
So compared to that movie (the only other 3d movie I have seen) the 3d didnt seem worth it, but the cgi graphics story and ESPECIALLY the soundtrack were all awesome!

The soundtrack is bomb

tappin and a talkin

aceofspades

Reaction score
DUDE, we sold an original DVD copy of TRON at my work for 100.00 Insane, but I did pack it with extra loving care, lol.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I've downloaded both movies recently... great memories and great followup. I had the tron toys back in the day.... Even though I ended up more into GI Joes, the tron figures made for some good Cobra henchmen

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The most horrible movie ever. Its cool for a 3 yr old

A lot of mixed reviews, one things for sure people either really LOVE it or really HATE it... It seams to be only really big fans of the original that are liking it. While I liked the original I wasn't a huge fan, I was more excited about this in terms as what they COULD do (i.e. all the stuff they couldn't get right in the original) so I think I would be disappointed, probably expecting too much. Any thoughts?